Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

floastro

M13 and its Galactic Area with the G4-16000

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

I present you the second image taken with my Moravian G4-16000 camera mounted on my modified TeleVue NP101is.

Images and technical information below.

M13Final_TableauTeleVue_4_English.thumb.jpg.92ea4d45a1af5b7f3210ef4db248a985.jpg

_DSC4424_3.thumb.jpg.e5b6261e8d01596d7030d568d2a3f327.jpg

_DSC3232_dxo10_3.thumb.jpg.c71a40d5a92e7397d8a96e2c5adfcd26.jpg

M13 globular cluster and its galactic area :

LRGB_StarColor_Recadree2_DBE__6_DBE3-Modifier_11bGaussienStarsDFine2.jpg.cb15bc1ae9ec53603ada23a6dbb32241.jpg

Full Resolution image 4k x 4k here :  www.poigetdigitalpics.com/G4-16000/M13.htm

M13new_image_Annotated_1024.jpg.52f09bf809911bc4c61536f8c6bc0414.jpg

Full Resolution image here :  http://www.poigetdigitalpics.com/Fichiers_Divers/M13new_image_Annotated.jpg

Enjoy 🤗

Florent

Edited by floastro
  • Like 8

Cracking image. Sooooo much detail. You must be delighted.

What causes the apparent defraction spikes around the stars. I thought that they were a mirrors only artefact?

It is really worth looking at the full version of this one folks!

Paul

4 hours ago, scotttumsh said:

Fantastic images,and an amazing set up!

Thanks Scott. A lot of work to achieve these results. 😎

3 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Cracking image. Sooooo much detail. You must be delighted.

What causes the apparent defraction spikes around the stars. I thought that they were a mirrors only artefact?

It is really worth looking at the full version of this one folks!

Paul

Thanks Paul. About the diffraction, maybe the optics of the TeleVue or maybe the CCD chip of the G4-16000. I had these diffraction on the fits images.

Florent

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now