Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

floastro

M13 and its Galactic Area with the G4-16000

Hi Guys,

I present you the second image taken with my Moravian G4-16000 camera mounted on my modified TeleVue NP101is.

Images and technical information below.

M13Final_TableauTeleVue_4_English.thumb.jpg.92ea4d45a1af5b7f3210ef4db248a985.jpg

_DSC4424_3.thumb.jpg.e5b6261e8d01596d7030d568d2a3f327.jpg

_DSC3232_dxo10_3.thumb.jpg.c71a40d5a92e7397d8a96e2c5adfcd26.jpg

M13 globular cluster and its galactic area :

LRGB_StarColor_Recadree2_DBE__6_DBE3-Modifier_11bGaussienStarsDFine2.jpg.cb15bc1ae9ec53603ada23a6dbb32241.jpg

Full Resolution image 4k x 4k here :  www.poigetdigitalpics.com/G4-16000/M13.htm

M13new_image_Annotated_1024.jpg.52f09bf809911bc4c61536f8c6bc0414.jpg

Full Resolution image here :  http://www.poigetdigitalpics.com/Fichiers_Divers/M13new_image_Annotated.jpg

Enjoy ?

Florent

Edited by floastro
  • Like 8

Cracking image. Sooooo much detail. You must be delighted.

What causes the apparent defraction spikes around the stars. I thought that they were a mirrors only artefact?

It is really worth looking at the full version of this one folks!

Paul

4 hours ago, scotttumsh said:

Fantastic images,and an amazing set up!

Thanks Scott. A lot of work to achieve these results. ?

3 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Cracking image. Sooooo much detail. You must be delighted.

What causes the apparent defraction spikes around the stars. I thought that they were a mirrors only artefact?

It is really worth looking at the full version of this one folks!

Paul

Thanks Paul. About the diffraction, maybe the optics of the TeleVue or maybe the CCD chip of the G4-16000. I had these diffraction on the fits images.

Florent

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Piero
      It was a tough decision to let this go, but I hope it will find a good home and get used as it should.
      There are many threads on SGL containing the observations I had with this telescope. Here is a collection of my reports with this telescope: astrojournal_by_date.pdf  
      1. TeleVue-60 f6 with short Vixen dovetail, the TV60 soft case, original bag, TeleVue hat, and booklet signed by Al Nagler. Asking for £600.
      2. Manfrotto 190 aluminium tripod, TS AZT6-GR mount head with TSPKM dovetail clamp. Asking for £190. This is sold as a package.
      Payment via bank account transfer, PayPal (as friends or buyer pays the fees), or in person. Collection in person is preferred, but I can dispatch the items using parcelforce at buyer's risk. Shipping costs will be arranged.

• By JackCooke
      A quick sketch from the 1st September (sorry - date is wrong on the image). 
      M15 was still fairly low in the east but the central condensation of stars really stood out, even in a 5.5inch scope. The bright field star intruding on the edge of the image was distracting. If I had a tracking mount I'd have banished it permanently!
      A lot of the extended GC was on the threshold of vision and the resolved stars faded in and out. 
      M15 will always have a special place for me as it was the first GC i ever saw 😍 
      Thanks for looking. 
      Jack

• By Joaquim Q
      Hi, i..m on Stargazers Lounge for long time ago, but now i have a new scope at last!!! The scope is a Skywatcher classic200p dobsonian, and i received it just one month ago. I.m really happy with it. For now, i.m using the stock eyepieces that come with the scope, a 25mm and 10mm super plossl 52. Yesterday i was received a Celestron Omni barlow, and that expands my magnification range. I posted some pics with my set. 
      Congratulations to Stargazers lounge team, this is one of the best sites to learn about astronomy and equipment. 
      Besf regards to everybody 

• By JackCooke
      After many weeks of telescopes gathering dust I finally managed a long night sketching under the stars. 
      Having only ever sketched open clusters I wanted to attempt a GC. Hercules was well positioned so I chose to draw m92, often overshadowed by the more famous m13. 
      My red torch was a little too bright and there was some intermittent cloud but the sketch comes pretty close to what I saw. All comments / criticisms / comparisons most welcome!
      Jack
      p.s. As I was packing up around midnight I saw what I can only assume were parts of a meteorite breaking up in the sky. A long trail of five to ten separate glowing dots moved eastward through cygnus toward the horison. It was like watching several satellites following each other in an absolutely straight line. Anyone else see this or remember something similar? 

• By Per_jensen
      This one didnt quite go as planned, i think i might have tried to overcorrect for alot of things during post processing, but i might as well share it with you guys anyways. Then again, perhaps i've just stared too much at it during processing.. Anyways, i hope you like it
      m81 & m82 LRGB
      L 74 frames of 180s = 222 min
      R 41 frames of 180s = 123 min
      G 40 frames of 180s = 120 min
      B 38 frames of 180s = 114 min
      Total int. 9,6 hours
      8" Reflecltor telescope
      ZWO ASI 1600mm camera
      Eq6-R Pro mount
      L  74 frames of 180s = 222 min
      R  41 frames of 180s = 123 min
      G  40 frames of 180s = 120 min
      B  38 frames of 180s = 114 min
      Total int. 9,6 hours

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.