Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Does the SW ED80 FF/FR just screw straight into the focuser ?

While I wait for the delivery of my ED80, FF/FR and other bits I just want to make sure I have the all the correct bits. 

The question is as per the title, I also have the DSLR-M48 Ring Adapter for connecting my Canon to the FF/FR so all good there I just want to make sure the image train will all be secure and nothing tightened/secured with thumb screws. 

22 minutes ago, Danjc said:

While I wait for the delivery of my ED80, FF/FR and other bits I just want to make sure I have the all the correct bits. 

The question is as per the title, I also have the DSLR-M48 Ring Adapter for connecting my Canon to the FF/FR so all good there I just want to make sure the image train will all be secure and nothing tightened/secured with thumb screws. 

If you are connecting it to a Sky-Watcher ED80 then it will directly attach to the focuser (you'll need to unscrew the eyepiece clamp already at the end of the focuser first).

You only need the adapter Peter is linking to if you are using a non-standard focuser on your ED80 that doesn't have these threads so you can then attach it as you would any other 2" accessory.

Just to follow up - depending how you are aligning (with EP say) you may find it more convenient to use the adapter I mentioned rather than having to unscrew the EP clamp each time. Should have made that clearer - thanks Grant.

Peter

24 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

The adapter I mentioned is threaded for filters.

Peter

So I would definitely need the adapter to be able to incorporate a 2” filter into the image train ?

Thanks for the replies guys a great help ?? 

Archived