Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thor's helmet or Alien running towards the finish line?

gorann

Cloudy as usual so I entertain myself with processing other peoples data. This time from the public data pool at Astrobin posted by Robert Huerbsch. 6 hours of HaOiii data from a 5" refractor. I mixed Ha and Oiiii 50:50 as a green channel and I aimed at processing it in a way that would make it look "natural" or RGB. All done in PS.

Is it just me that see it as an alien running towards the finish line in an interstellar marathon?

Huerbsch ThorsH LHaO PS13smallSign.jpg

11 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

Nope it's not just you. I see it too, with a huge head 

What a relief! I do feel sorry for the alien as he really seems to be out of breath (even with that big space helmet on)  and with his tissues dissolving

12 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Stunner image. 

Thanks a lot!

The sky here on the Swedish countryside has been cloudy ever since New Years eve, when my attempt to mix partying with the neighbors and doing astrophotography produced rather mediocre results for some reason (but the party was good). So I am now entertaining myself with processing astrophoto data from friends with clear skies.

Archived