Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ukastroimaging

bottletopburly

50 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Thanks , shame  ,i don't do facebook  ?

I wondered what had happened to it.  Shame, as you say. Twitbook/Facetube is not for me either.  The UKAstroimaging webpage was quite a civilised place...

Edited by Hallingskies

I was also a UKAI members and there were quite a few of us who declined to go onto FB, think most of them have come over here or were already members here anyway.

I have tried FB for a few groups and it's just impossible to keep track of posts/threads once any time has passed, or try to find an old one, and I don't like the small images you get on there either, although I think that might have improved since I last used FB for an astro forum.

Each to his own but I think they already had a FB group and found there was more activity on there than on the website, so when the website renewal came up they just decided to close it.

Too much advertising and rubbish on FB for my liking. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hallingskies said:

I wondered what had happened to it.  Shame, as you say. Twitbook/Facetube is not for me either.  The UKAstroimaging webpage was quite a civilised place...

25 minutes ago, carastro said:

I was also a UKAI members and there were quite a few of us who declined to go onto FB, think most of them have come over here or were already members here anyway.

I have tried FB for a few groups and it's just impossible to keep track of posts/threads once any time has passed, or try to find an old one, and I don't like the small images you get on there either, although I think that might have improved since I last used FB for an astro forum.

Each to his own but I think they already had a FB group and found there was more activity on there than on the website, so when the website renewal came up they just decided to close it.

Carole 

Yes i cant be fussed with FB or Twitter  spend enough time on the phone as it is ,

3 hours ago, Hallingskies said:

Yes it was and unfortunately a very good site gone to the great t'interweb in the sky ?

Steve

Edited by sloz1664

3 hours ago, carastro said:

Carole 

Have to agree about FB.  It's our swimming club's main channel of communication with swimmers and parents, but I find it a complete nightmare.  It just seems to be an incoherent mess.  Perhaps it works better if you're permanently glued to your smart phone, but in my case that's never going to happen.

James

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamesF said:

It's our swimming club's main channel of communication with swimmers and parents, but I find it a complete nightmare.

Without wishing to stray too far off-topic, are you aware of/using FB Purity? It's a plug-in that allows you to dump all the [I'll remove the word myself!] from the FB feed and select exactly what you want to appear. Once you have the settings right (it's a bit like guiding in that way!) FB becomes quite useable.

Like Carole, I too was an active member of UKAI.

I was very disappointed when they decided to close down the website and move over to FB, which I loathe. In my opinion. It was very narrow-minded of the admin team to do this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Like Carole, I too was an active member of UKAI.

I was very disappointed when they decided to close down the website and move over to FB, which I loathe. In my opinion. It was very narrow-minded of the admin team to do this.

Yes there was a lot of info you could trawl through and read , that’s not how FB works sadly , never had an email to say it was closing though .

Edited by bottletopburly

never had an email to say it was closing though .

It was discussed and announced on UKAI for quite a few weeks before it closed.   I guess if you didn't go onto the website during that time you would have missed it. 

Carole

16 hours ago, JamesF said:

It just seems to be an incoherent mess.

Agree with Carole, try not to go on there if possible but get email alerts every time one of my sisters does something " exciting " so have to look, but finding / posting anything is a nightmare especially on a phone.

Dave

• 8 months later...

I got chatting to the UKAI Team at Kelling, and asked how the FB group was going.  It seems a few people have said how it's difficult to follow a thread on there and the Team were considering whether to re-start the UKAI website.  I am not sure however what their decision was as they were going to discuss it at Kelling. 

So if any-one hears it is up and running again, please report back.  Those actually using the Facebook UKAI will probably hear first if it is going to happen. 

Carole 

2 hours ago, carastro said:

I got chatting to the UKAI Team at Kelling, and asked how the FB group was going.  It seems a few people have said how it's difficult to follow a thread on there and the Team were considering whether to re-start the UKAI website.  I am not sure however what their decision was as they were going to discuss it at Kelling. 

So if any-one hears it is up and running again, please report back.  Those actually using the Facebook UKAI will probably hear first if it is going to happen. 

Carole 

answer from enquiry on FB:

Chris BaileyoJUaDQAiBQe.png?_nc_eui2=AeG2aycC3o2pjzx It was discussed at Kelling but we all drank so much on Saturday afternoon/night I doubt any of us can remember what, if anything, was agreed 🙂. IF we do bring it back it will be UKAI Lite!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2