Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hints/tips on processing M45 would be appreciated

Am fairly new to CCD imaging, (mono Atik 460) and have managed to acquire 14x300 sec Lum and so far 13x120sec each red and green for the Pleiades.  Mid Wales has not provided much in the way of clear nights and on the only recent starry night the clouds rolled in when I was just half an hour short of acquiring the rest of my data 13x120sec blue!  I stack in DSS and process in PS cc.  Am not too bad at processing nebulae and combining Ha data with RGB but this is my first attempt at a star cluster so any tips on how to process it would be really helpful.  For instance after stacking do I need to do much with the Lum data before combining with the RGB .

A tip if short of clear sky, try and get red, blue and luminance first in that order if imaging east of the meridian as green can be synthesised if necessary.

Lot's of helpful processing videos on Y'Tube.

Dave

Here's one

Archived