Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SH2-171 / NGC 7822 with G4-16000

floastro

Hi all,

This is the first image i post here.

It has been taken in August/September from my backyard. It is one of my first image taken with my new Moravian G4-16000 CCD camera.

TableauLHaAdded_English.thumb.jpg.7a5b7a6f3523dd648bc3142e417a0b3b.jpg

Taken with my TeleVue NP101is modified with a new focuser :

_DSC3173_dxo10FB.thumb.jpg.62bb3a461bf18bdeaf41147884c3dff6.jpg

Modifications can be viewed here : http://www.poigetdigitalpics.com/photo-equipment3.html

SH2-171 in LHa - R(ha)GB :

LHaAdded_R(Ha)GB-ModifierSH2171-Modifier.jpg.dee52a8845483f17f3440513ef418a36.jpg

Full resolution image in 4k x 4k at this link : http://www.poigetdigitalpics.com/G4-16000/sh2-171 New Version.htm

Enjoy,

Florent ?

Lovely image, just a couple of questions?

How are you getting on with the Moravian G1 Guide Camera, is it as good as the Lodestar X2?

Is that a commercial database you have for storing your CCD Acquisitions, if so where can it be obtained?

I've created one in access as I coudln't find a commercial one, so your table looks quite good?

Many Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Lovely image, just a couple of questions?

How are you getting on with the Moravian G1 Guide Camera, is it as good as the Lodestar X2?

Is that a commercial database you have for storing your CCD Acquisitions, if so where can it be obtained?

I've created one in access as I coudln't find a commercial one, so your table looks quite good?

Many Thanks.

Hi John,

Thank you for your comment.

I don't know the Lodestar but the Moravian G1-301 is excellent no problem ?

About my Data Table, no i created it under MS Word on my own computer for all my images. It is not a commercial database. ?

Thanks for the reply, I have the new G2-8300 MkII with their EFW-2S-7 and their new OAG, but it didn't work properly with the Lodestar X2, so was interested as to it's stability and guide properties.

18 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Wow, superb image and what a remarkable setup you have. 

Also thanks for the link to your website and so great to see the detailed explanation of your setup. 

Steve

Thank you Steve for your comment. I worked very hard on this setup. The native TeleVue focuser was not steady for the big weight of the new imaging train (4.5Kg).

The new focuser mounting is solid as a rock now.

Florent ?

1 minute ago, Jkulin said:

Thanks for the reply, I have the new G2-8300 MkII with their EFW-2S-7 and their new OAG, but it didn't work properly with the Lodestar X2, so was interested as to it's stability and guide properties.

John, i use the SkyMeca SkyTrack 3" OAG. About the CCD camera for guiding, i prefered to stay with Moravian equipement for a compatibility with their Ethernet Standard Box.

20160429_232459_HDR2b.jpg.c3d93df10cabab7a1eb2c5e7979c2587.jpg20160429_232036_HDR2b.jpg.341f568b414163663d1e19f4ab9905a8.jpg20160521_191338_HDR2.thumb.jpg.d0d00c2cf6e0755d55482b53fd3e5827.jpg

It's a beautiful image, but I am going to make one suggestion from a security perspective.

By providing your location down to the nearest arc second you are effectively telling everyone where the equipment is.  You can put the coordinates into google maps and refine the observing location to within a few properties because arcsecs is a really refined pointing reference.  Combine that with the photo of the equipment and you can pretty much know this to a specific property.  I would always recommend only providing information to the nearest arcmin (even that can be quite refined).

Thanks Florent, that really is a lovely OAG, and looks superbly made, I had to stop using my Moravian OAG because of its compatibility and I went back to using my Celestron OAG which is large and bulky but very solid, but the SkyMeca SkyTrack 3" OAG looks very good, does it come with various adapters for connectivity?

33 minutes ago, Whirlwind said:

It's a beautiful image, but I am going to make one suggestion from a security perspective.

By providing your location down to the nearest arc second you are effectively telling everyone where the equipment is.  You can put the coordinates into google maps and refine the observing location to within a few properties because arcsecs is a really refined pointing reference.  Combine that with the photo of the equipment and you can pretty much know this to a specific property.  I would always recommend only providing information to the nearest arcmin (even that can be quite refined).

Thank you for your reply. I modified my Data Table ?

1 hour ago, Jkulin said:

Thanks Florent, that really is a lovely OAG, and looks superbly made, I had to stop using my Moravian OAG because of its compatibility and I went back to using my Celestron OAG which is large and bulky but very solid, but the SkyMeca SkyTrack 3" OAG looks very good, does it come with various adapters for connectivity?

SkyMeca is a small french company. Didier Chaplain has created and made this OAG. He makes all various  & customs adapters for your own material : telescopes, CCD cameras.......etc. SkyMeca is the main Moravian dealer in France. My SkyMeca 3" OAG is a SLIM version especially created to me to use my imaging train on my TeleVue but also for my ASA 12" Newtonian reflector to work with its small backfocus.

2 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Cheers Florent, I am going to have to have a look more into that as I really like it.

I had a look on your web site, some really lovely images, cool! 

Thank you so much John. I am astrophotographer but Artist photograph too ?

2 hours ago, pietervdv said:

Florent, 

Great image! I really like the rework on the imaging train of the TeleVue, looks rock solid. I used the np101is some years ago and it is optically superb. 

Regards 

Pieter 

Thank you Pieter.

Oh yes, the new imaging train is solid as a rock to support the big G4-16000 and the FLI ATLAS focuser. The TeleVue NP101is works perfectly now. ?

Archived