Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Future For Big GOTO Binoscopes is Here!

Klitwo

The Future for big GOTO Binoscopes is here!  How about a big dual 20-inch GOTO binoscope that can "carry the observer" in complete comfort around the entire night sky by just pushing "Enter" on the hand controller and looking thru the dual 2-inch eyepieces of the 20-inch GOTO bino.  Check this out and you'll see what I mean.  But before you do...better put on your "Drool Bag" first....you're going to need it......>

https://www.facebook.com/100009227191690/posts/2171431793174373/

Klitwo

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

OMG where do i order one?

If a homemade dual 20-inch GOTO bino like this one in the Facebook video with an observer aboard can be built....then a dual 30-incher shouldn't be to far away.  The only question is...will it be a homemade or commercial one?  Time will tell.

Klitwo

One could call this "The Ultimate Bino Experience"  Who would argue against it?  Just about everyone would love having a 20-inch GOTO bino under dark skies or in thier back yard where "you" could sit in a driver's seat and push a button on a controller and head to galaxy, nebula or star cluster while looking at the heavens that was slowing moving thru the field of view of a pair of 2-inch eyepieces.....this would be the "Ultimate" observing experience.

Klitwo

6 hours ago, KevS said:

I would have a problem with the movement, I do however tend to get seasick on wet grass.?

It would be more-than-likely that you "would" be able to control the speed to "some extent" in both Altitude and Azimuth of a big GOTO bino as seen in the Facebook video....I would be very surprised if you couldn't.  ?

Klitwo

I've been very tempted to build something like this for some time. I have half of a 30" binoscope already but have always been concerned that the "law" of diminishing returns might start to apply before that aperture.   ?

1 hour ago, JamesF said:

Does no-one else look at that photo on Facebook and think "WALL-E" ?

Just me then?  Ok.  I'll go now.

James

Not on first look, just made me go 'interesting'.
On second look after reading your post, it made me laugh James, I can see the resemblance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived