Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Probably final faceoff! My first telescope :Skywatcher Skyliner 200p vs Skywatcher Heritage 130p

5 minutes ago, Kronos831 said:

Hey thanks for the recommendation ! Here is the link :https://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=144823 

does the laptop have to be very good? Also can you suggest some second hand trading sites besides astrobuysell?

Ebay would be the other place to look but I would trust sellers on Astrobuysell or here perhaps a little more.  'Proper' astronomers tend to look after their kit very well and would rather spend that bit more than go for the very cheapest but perhaps less well cared for.

Note as well astronomy kit holds its value very well - if you find say a cheap HEQ5 then the chances are there is something wrong with it.  Most astro kit will seel for at least 50-60% of its original value and sometimes more.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chances i ll find a decent /good condition HEQ5 for around 450£? Or a decenf/good explore scientific 80ed for 300£? If so where? Thanks. Really looking towards doing Astrophotography! Also are there any refractors  that are a little cheaper than the 80ed that give better or same results?

Thanks  

Kronos

10 hours ago, Kronos831 said:

Any chances i ll find a decent /good condition HEQ5 for around 450£? Or a decenf/good explore scientific 80ed for 300£? If so where? Thanks. Really looking towards doing Astrophotography! Also are there any refractors  that are a little cheaper than the 80ed that give better or same results?

Thanks  

Kronos

If you’re really wanting to do astrophotography then spend some time reading up on it and save some money up at the same time. 

Rush in now by buying cheap gear just for the sake of it will end in disappointment. 

Concentrate on visual for now; learn the basics - polar alignment, how to use a scope, how to use and EQ mount etc and build up to AP. 

Even if you had the money to buy whatever you wanted you’d still find ap a struggle if you have no astronomy experience at all. 

I’ve been fighting my mount for months and it would seem that it was down to a really stupid mistake on my part. I’ve got all the kit about ready to go but still am not in a position to take the first image. 

I know how an eq mount works and i would like to practice setting it up.And no i m not rushing iy . I have to save for 22 weeks to get 330€ ( i will have 600 in savings until then) so i have plenty of time. Thanks for the advice tho.

Archived