Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

emadmoussa

Revelation & Opticron 20x80 Bins, the same?

They look the same, have almost identical accessories, both have good reviews...etc

I've got the Revelation 20x80 which I bought, I think, 3 years ago, and is hardly used and was thinking about selling it. I honestly can't remember how much I paid for it, probably £100-£120. I'm just using the Opticron, if the same, as a price guide. 

20190105_122126.thumb.jpg.39b38829ce5e3cda1bd73213256a63db.jpg

20190105_122239.jpg

They could well be the same. They look like United Optics BA-1 types, which are sold under many names. Coatings may differ between different brands, however.

• Like 2

I have a pair of Vixen 20 x 80s (japan). I`ve never seen another pair. They are superb!!!!

Alan

On 06/01/2019 at 00:26, Vixen4eva said:

I have a pair of Vixen 20 x 80s (japan). I`ve never seen another pair. They are superb!!!!

Alan

I have used a Vixen pair once (the ARK type), which is different from the one shown here. It was very nice indeed. I don't think the Vixen ever sold United Optics products under their brand name, but Vixen products can be found sold under other brand names (including Opticron)