Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Phd after meridian flip?

TheMan

I was wondering how to get phd2 to autoselect a star and guide automatically after a meridian flip without myself being there to assist it. Does anyone know how to do this? I have searched over the web, but everything went over my head. Any help will be appreciated.

For me, using SGPro, it is handled automatically, in that SGPro pauses PHD2, tell mount to flip, when complete, SGPro then instructs PHD2 to re-calibrate, which forces PHD2 to auto select a suitable star & performs its calibration steps etc...

If you really want control on the cheap, then have a read through this thread https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/open-phd-guiding/DI0tzXyn8Ew but it does mean you have to do some script coding, as PHD2 on its own, just provides a local network server that other programs (local or remote) tell it what to do.....

Archived