Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 383L+ and Cooling after a Reboot

AlistairW

Hello,

Not too sure where to put this question, but I have always had it ....

Initially I am in Sequence Generator Pro with my Atik attached and cooled to -20C.

Next for some reason there is a crash and I need a reboot - (no big deal).

When the Camera connects (given there has probably been 45 seconds gone by since the crash). The starting temp is usually around 0 degrees. 

This means I have to wait another 20 minutes for it to cool down to -20C.

Given there was only a short period between it being at -20C, I find it had to believe that this is the case.

Thanks

Alistair

Hi Alistair

I'm afraid I can't help with SGP but obviously things shouldn't be 'crashing'. I think that needs investigating, explaining and fixing. Are you saying that your computer is crashing or are you losing connectivity? Also, I don't think it should take so long to cool. Maybe just try running Artemis and see how long that takes to compare. Thinking about it, my one sometimes doesn't start cooling when it should and I have to reconnect he usb. Once it starts cooling, it's fine. Usb problems arise all too frequently - usually when you just think it's ok to relax! Oh, I think sensors can seem to warm up quite quickly if active cooling stops. You can test that for yourself - how quickly it gets to the uncooled ambient temperature will vary but initial warming will likely be quite quick.

Louise

Hi Alistair, 

Yes, that's normal behaviour when cooler power is removed. 

You can set the cool down and warmup  periods within SGPro. 

As for SGPro crashing this can be caused by Atik services not responding correctly normally due to the power up sequence/order of your rig, you should either power up your computer 1st or do a Windows restart once all the components of your rig are powered. 

Peter

On 03/01/2019 at 20:53, AlistairW said:

Hello,

Not too sure where to put this question, but I have always had it ....

Initially I am in Sequence Generator Pro with my Atik attached and cooled to -20C.

Next for some reason there is a crash and I need a reboot - (no big deal).

When the Camera connects (given there has probably been 45 seconds gone by since the crash). The starting temp is usually around 0 degrees. 

This means I have to wait another 20 minutes for it to cool down to -20C.

Given there was only a short period between it being at -20C, I find it had to believe that this is the case.

Thanks

Alistair

This is normal.  

Once you start the automated cool down process again, which you will do following a restart, SGP will use the time set in the equipment profile and will cool to the set point in this time, no matter what the starting point is.  If you prefer not to wait you can just use the camera dock to set the temp to -20 and then hit go and it will ignore the timer.  With this noted, 20 minutes to -20 is a pretty long time and I would have thought you could easily change that to 10 minutes within the UK without fear of thermal shock or other issues.

Archived