Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Vixen4eva

IC 2177 Seagull Nebula...just!!!

Hello

Image taken on Monday evening but sadly limited subs due to high clouds. I`ll be going for this again at some point hopefully. Don`t usually image anything this low but conditions were perfect, well until i started to image it!!

IC 2177 Seagull Nebula. Only 18 x 90 sec subs (unguided) at iso 800. Taken with the following...

Canon 450 D / Canon 200 mm f 2.8 USM  @ f4 /Vixen Photoguider. Stacked in DSS with calibration frames (don`t think the flats worked). Processed in Photoshop.

Thanks for looking

Alan

Seagull Nebula IC 2177.jpg

• Like 6

That's nice Alan, frustrating by the sounds of it, but none the less a clear image of the seagull nebula.  How does the lens perform at F2.8?

Its ok but its much better at f4. When funds allow i want to get a Samyang 135 mm f2. One of the best astro lenses currently available...even open wide!!!

Alan

I’m liking your pics.  Maybe we should start an imaging section just for people who don’t have the ubiquitous Takahashi/Mesu/Pixinsight combo and 300 clear nights a year to use it all...😀😀😀

• Like 1

Good effort - something not often tackled in the UK due to being low in the sky. Needs a dark southern horizon!

I`m just making the best use of the gear i can afford atm...

Alan

• Like 1