Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrofest 2019

groberts

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, carastro said:

Friday is usually less crowded, but the exhibition is normally the same both days. 

There is a cafeteria, but often a long queue for food and seats.  

Carole 

Thanks Carole.  I'm erring towards Saturday at the moment? 

Hi Folks,

There are a number of coffee shops in the area, there are two Cafe Neros, one in the London Underground Station complex and the other one in Wrights Lane. The service there is reasonably speedy, plus there is a McDonalds opposite the Underground station. If I remember there is a Lloyds Bank as well, if you need to withdraw funds to pay for the coffees!

I am booked in for the two days, usually less busy on the Friday, the majority of the exhibitors are very amicable and willing to discuss all sorts of issues. 

Hope all those attending have an enjoyable time.... and I might recognise some of you!

Cheers

Adrian

On 03/02/2019 at 18:08, DaveS said:

I'll try to make Saturday, since a lot of us are going then. Hope Astrograph are there, as I want to talk to Rupert about a five figure purchase.

He's had to pull out i'm afraid. He should have been there.

Its a shame ; i was hoping to see my scope there which he was going to display. (if he'd got it in time)

Hi Carole and other SGL Members,

I thought you would like to note a message from Astrofest 2019 organisers:

"Book your conference pass for European AstroFest 2019. Session 1 only available.

Note: Sorry Sessions 2, 3 and 4 are now fully booked and Session 1 is filling up fast.

Book your conference pass now to avoid disappointment. 

Exhibition only passes are still available. Session 1 passes will be issued by eticket and you will collect a printed pass from the front desk when you arrive at the venue.

If you do not want a name to appear on the pass.

The UK’s premier astronomy and space show takes place on 8 & 9 February 2019 at Kensington Conference and Events Centre in London. Visit the official European AstroFest website for further details. When you book a conference pass it entitles you to hear all four talks in each session(s) purchased and visit the exhibition on that day.

Also book by phone by calling: 01732 446111.

Conference Sessions

Session 1: Friday Morning
Session 2: Friday Afternoon – Sorry fully booked
Session 3: Saturday Morning – Sorry fully booked
Session 4: Saturday Afternoon – Sorry fully booked

Your conference pass also includes entry to the exhibition on that day."

.........Copied from the Astrofest website today  6 February 2019..........

Trust the above is helpful......... Check out the Underground outages this coming weekend.

Hope to see you there...

Adrian

I wasn't planning on going to the talks, but have booked my Exhibition pass for Saturday.  

Do we just print off the E mail confirmation and collect at the door or should I expect a further confirmation from Astrofest itself?

Carole 

Hi Carole,

If you print off the email with the payment details it should be fine, last year I forgot my Pass in the rush to catch the train.

They gave me a 4 Session Pass after I gave them my name and address. The people at Reception were very friendly and nothing seems to phase them.

I will look out for you on Saturday.

All the best.

Adrian

45 minutes ago, carastro said:

I wasn't planning on going to the talks, but have booked my Exhibition pass for Saturday.  

Do we just print off the E mail confirmation and collect at the door or should I expect a further confirmation from Astrofest itself?

Carole 

I booked last year and just took my email confirmation.  They printed my pass at the desk and handed it to me.

17 hours ago, Tubby Bear said:

Its a shame ; i was hoping to see my scope there which he was going to display. (if he'd got it in time)

That is a shame as I’m going on Friday and was hoping to catch up for a chat.

Now Mr Bear, I’m also intrigued by which scope you have arriving now (in addition to having a Baader Travel Companion on order ?)?? With Rupert supplying it, I’m guessing it’s rather nice...

18 hours ago, Tubby Bear said:

That's a pity, I wanted to talk about a DDM85 Basic and one of their piers. I noted that they no longer stock GSO RC 'scopes on the site.

6 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Am i the only sad one who's still got the lanyard from last years AF and wear it every day .... proudly? :D

Well, not quite... I keep my observatory keys on them, which makes them hard to lose and easy to find ?

Am i the only sad one who's still got the lanyard from last years AF and wear it every day .... proudly? :D

I've still got Last's year 's lanyard and am putting my Avatar photo in it for Saturday, so will be wearing two lanyards, including the new one.

Carole 

Archived