Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ngc 1333

alacant

Hi everyone and happy new -clear sky- year to all.

There's loadsa faint gas/dusty stuff between Perseo and Tauro I've looked at on kstars but have always been taken by the more glamorous targets on sale at this time of year. In fact there's hardly anywhere FWOABW black. Anyway, here's one attempt. Thanks for looking and do share your interpretations of the same as I've little or no idea how to deal with all that background.

700d: 2 1/2 hours @ ISO800

1806700853_1333-1(copy)1.thumb.jpg.9daae366209b8fb9d53ce5afbec5e732.jpg

1 hour ago, alacant said:

Hi everyone and happy new -clear sky- year to all.

There's loadsa faint gas/dusty stuff between Perseo and Tauro I've looked at on kstars but have always been taken by the more glamorous targets on sale at this time of year. In fact there's hardly anywhere FWOABW black. Anyway, here's one attempt. Thanks for looking and do share your interpretations of the same as I've little or no idea how to deal with all that background.

700d: 2 1/2 hours @ ISO800

1806700853_1333-1(copy)1.thumb.jpg.9daae366209b8fb9d53ce5afbec5e732.jpg

On my list to try. Looks harder than I thought. Very nice 

I think that's the best image you've posted. It's a notoriously hard target but one of the most beautiful in the sky. I've certainly never got it right and intend to go back to it. If you doubled or trebled the data and followed the same processing steps you'd be right on the money. You've kept the background values high which is the way to do it. Here's mine from five years ago done with Yves Van den Broek.

21705059_ODKIMAGEV2web.thumb.jpg.21a5f7c7fced37d2f672b194a211f8ff.jpg

Olly

Archived