Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

No 1 prom of 2019

xtreemchaos

I woke thismorrning looked out the window and through the cloud theres a strange glowing orb, thinking what is this strange magic so I thought id better get a pic of it before it dissappeard.

joking a side it was nice to see sol again after so long even if its was for only a few min, im hoping its a omen for 2019.

it isn't a great pic with the permacloud but ill take anything to get the ball rolling.

happy new year all. charl.

182969355_prom1-1-19.thumb.png.222391bf5d9e3ca5bd2759d17967399f.png

thanks Dave, without having a count up at the end of Nov i had 178 and I only got I image in Dec so 179, december was the worse month ive ever had for cloud but it will make a easyer score to beat this year "fingers crossed eh" wishing you clear. charl.

Beautiful clear sky down in the southwest in Bridport. Got the Lunt out on 1st Jan, that's gotta be a first for me at least. 

Dark patch at about 10 o'clock and a small bright region close to the centre but not seen a prom so far. 

Off to a good start here today. First Ha view of the Sun for some time. As well as the prom shown in the image there was a larger but very faint prom,  a row of filaments and a small active area on the disc. If the filaments last until they reach the limb there should be some worthwhile prominences soon.   ?

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Steve, hope you got your clear, its been murk and rain here for the rest of the day. clear skys. charl.

It did clear but a thick slice of cloud stuck stubbornly to the SW horizon.

Archived