SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Belfast

Hi Folks

Have just signed up to Star Gazers Lounge.  The forum looks great, one of the best and most informative I've seen on the web.  I mostly observe from my back yard here in Belfast so my veiwing is generally limited to the planests and brighter DSO's.  I have an Orion Optics (Uk) 8 inch Newtonian and a nice pair of Elinor 10X50's which I'm looking to upgrade soon. 

My first scope was the Russian built TAL 4 inch Newtonian and I can still remember the awe inspiring views it gave me of the Orion Nebula.

Thanks for reading, I'm gonna pop over to the Binouclar Forum in search of some upgrade advice.

15 hours ago, AstroCiaran123 said:

Hi Folks

Have just signed up to Star Gazers Lounge.  The forum looks great, one of the best and most informative I've seen on the web.  I mostly observe from my back yard here in Belfast so my veiwing is generally limited to the planests and brighter DSO's.  I have an Orion Optics (Uk) 8 inch Newtonian and a nice pair of Elinor 10X50's which I'm looking to upgrade soon. 

My first scope was the Russian built TAL 4 inch Newtonian and I can still remember the awe inspiring views it gave me of the Orion Nebula.

Thanks for reading, I'm gonna pop over to the Binouclar Forum in search of some upgrade advice.

Hello there in Belfast! Welcome! I have an 8” Skywatcher dob so I know you’re going to have some great views.Good luck!

Greg

Hi to all !

Demonperformer, yep, the weight of the 15x70’s does concern me a bit. I've been looking into tripod mounts or maybe a monopod.  There's sure to be some good advice found right here. ??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived