SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ problem !

halli

On 10/01/2019 at 22:00, stash_old said:

Astroberry is 32bit .

The only 64bit versions i know of WITH desktops versions are Gentoo and Raspex . Ubuntu 18.04 server 64bit runs too !  Hope that helps ?

Fedora 28/29 64bit say they do but they are a mess in my opinion - full of errors - e.g. boot say scanning for devices if usb keyb and mouse installed at boot.

FYI - all -    kali works on rpi3b+ as armv8 64bit - wireless works but bluetooth missing as yet. haven't installed kstars/ekos etc yet (which will be 32bit i guess)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, halli said:

I cannot establish which version of Indi Lib that Astroberry uses and also cant find any info on how to update the image  - can anyone help with this please ?  

open a mate terminal and type sudo apt-get update

It will prompt you for a password and then off it will check for updates

or you could type sudo apt-get install indi-full

my astroberry is at version 1.7.6

16 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I thought 1.7.5 was the latest version.

James

Dam I've just powered mine down and was dated at 8/1/19 I think i'll reboot it

yep just conformed indi-full at 1.7.6~201901081117~ubuntu16.04.1 "indi that is on astroberry" dam cut and paste of my screen shot does not work forgot to rolllback firefox

Duh

5 hours ago, stash_old said:

This statement doesn't upgrade your software only the list of software.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/94102/what-is-the-difference-between-apt-get-update-and-upgrade  

Plus backup before incase its a lemon update

?

I stand corrected run update then upgrade forgot to add that

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

as stash_old said make a backup 

Thanks very much for the info  - I appear to have successfully upgraded my Astroberry image now.

I still cannot see a suitable device name for my Altair GPCAM in the EKOS device finder for guiders or cameras nothing with the name Altair or related it seems.   I have tried connecting my guide camera to the Pi but nothing happens so I assume you need to populate the correct device in Ekos to proceed ?   

I have also opened PHD2 with the camera plugged in but the options are fairly limited and using the  Indi Camera option doesn't seem to work !  I wonder if the USB ports on the Pi are able to power the camera ?

Help !  -  May be the end of the road - dont think I'll be buying a new guide camera............

I have also found that if I go into KSTARS devices/device manager I can see Altair listed in there but you cannot run the service as the run button is greyed out.  It has a symbol with a rectangle with 3 dots and a semicircle above one end of the rectangle with a dot inside next to it whereas most of the others have a symbol which is just a circle with a diagonal line and the run button can be pressed.     There are a few others like this with the same symbol as Altair and cant be run.  I have a feeling that these may be new drivers added in v 1.7.5 and perhaps there is an action necessary to enable them to make them available for use  - its a bit of a mystery !

1 hour ago, halli said:

Hi James    - its a GPCAM  MT9M034M  Mono.

I'm still not convinced this camera is supported in the current library.  I've asked about it in the Google group, but not received any response as yet.  It certainly used to work, but with the last three library releases I've not been able to get it to work.  Switching back to the older version at any point is enough to fix things.

James

The Altair drivers for Linux are not open source -- Altair actually supply a pre-built library containing the drivers.  That same library has actually been part of the AltairCapture distribution for some time, so I've been pulling it out of there for a while.

James

46 minutes ago, halli said:

Ah so you mean an older version of the Altair lib not Indi lib !  So ill need to somehow introduce a different version of the Altair drivers into the Astroberry version Im using ?

Yes, that's what I meant.  I wasn't very clear about it the first time :(

I'm not sure what the fix will be for the moment, but oacapture is going to suffer from the same issue.  I'll give it a few days to see if I get an answer on the Google group.  If not I'll start to look for other solutions.

James

2 hours ago, halli said:

I have also found that if I go into KSTARS devices/device manager I can see Altair listed in there but you cannot run the service as the run button is greyed out.  It has a symbol with a rectangle with 3 dots and a semicircle above one end of the rectangle with a dot inside next to it whereas most of the others have a symbol which is just a circle with a diagonal line and the run button can be pressed.     There are a few others like this with the same symbol as Altair and cant be run.  I have a feeling that these may be new drivers added in v 1.7.5 and perhaps there is an action necessary to enable them to make them available for use  - its a bit of a mystery !

Not sure how you are trying to run the driver, but you do it through your Ekos profile by adding the driver there...not sure what you are doing when you say the Kstars device manager..!! Does not make sense to me sorry... :)

2 hours ago, halli said:

Ah so you mean an older version of the Altair lib not Indi lib !  So ill need to somehow introduce a different version of the Altair drivers into the Astroberry version Im using ?

No you dont need to, it’s been created by Jasem at INdI, and works fine, there is a dedicated Altair INdI and indigo driver that are working and in the latest INdI release.. :)

3 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Do you know for certain if the old GPCAM MT9M034M works?  That would be a useful datapoint.

James

As far as i know, but I will ask Jasem and let you know, but here is a screenshot of the driver available in Ekos profile

under guider and CCD lists..

65BC657F-1DA2-45CD-A4EC-37F8DC54F75A.jpeg

12 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Not sure how you are trying to run the driver, but you do it through your Ekos profile by adding the driver there...not sure what you are doing when you say the Kstars device manager..!! Does not make sense to me sorry... :)

2 hours ago, halli said:

Think you are referring to this little icon, image below, that means the driver is only available on the remote device, ie your rpi, and not present on your client PC...so you would need to be connected to INdI server on your rpi to use the driver...

C1D18B92-24D4-4DE8-ABA7-E1EA13B9E4F9.jpeg

Archived