SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

You do know they do an ortho in green and black don't you ????? :evil:

Yes, but the BCOs came up at a great price and are a rather famous set as they are the very same eyepieces that John used for his review published here and on the FLO website :smile:

That said, BGOs are still on my bucket list :wink:

• Like 1

I didn't expect to be updating this so soon but I couldn't resist the chance to acquire a Pan 41mm and Delos 4.5mm when trazor (Terry) posted an ad in Classifieds yesterday. I have been waiting for both to come up for a while so it was great to grab them together :grin:

Here they are with their smaller cousins that I have picked up in the past three weeks or so...

post-33858-0-21315100-1435420744_thumb.j

post-33858-0-24711900-1435420757_thumb.j

My 32mm TV Plossl has gone as I had bought it for my Lunt 50Ha but they just didn't like one another. My Baader Classic Orthos need a new EP case to live in so are currently squatting in a refractor case.

Edited by DRT
  • Like 4

Very nice set Derek. Most stuff covered there, and some!

I'll be interested to see what you think of the 41mm Pan. It's no doubt a lovely eyepiece but needs dark skies in my opinion otherwise can be a bit washed out unless used in an SCT or other long focal length scope.

8mm Ethos compared with 10mm Delos should be interesting.

Lastly... what's the little thing in the bottom right corner with the 4 little lenses or filters in it? Intriguing :)

Very nice set Derek. Most stuff covered there, and some!

I'll be interested to see what you think of the 41mm Pan. It's no doubt a lovely eyepiece but needs dark skies in my opinion otherwise can be a bit washed out unless used in an SCT or other long focal length scope.

8mm Ethos compared with 10mm Delos should be interesting.

Lastly... what's the little thing in the bottom right corner with the 4 little lenses or filters in it? Intriguing :)

Yes, I think I am getting close to having all the eyepieces I need, Stu :lol:

I will post some thought on the P41mm in due course but what I will say now is that ( a ) I blame Alan Potts for telling me some time ago I needed one and ( b ) having just had it in my Baader Wedge in the ED100 I completely agree with Alan that I needed one! More granulation than I have seen through any other eyepiece and the sunspots are as crisp as a really crispy thing. Lovely.

I have had the E8 and D10 for quite a while and both perform excellently. I thought about selling one but find that having the option can be very useful when the skies aren't perfect (i.e. all the time) so plan to part with the D10 and buy an E10 instead.

The thing at the bottom is a prototype of the DRT65 Automagic Cloud Blaster - still needs some tweaking but look out for them on ABS & Ebay soon :wink:

...or it might be an LCD torch with white, red, blue and green filters :rolleyes:

Edited by DRT
  • Like 2

I didn't expect to be updating this so soon but I couldn't resist the chance to acquire a Pan 41mm and Delos 4.5mm when trazor (Terry) posted an ad in Classifieds yesterday. I have been waiting for both to come up for a while so it was great to grab them together :grin:

Here they are with their smaller cousins that I have picked up in the past three weeks or so...

attachicon.gif2015-06-27 16.40.57-1.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-06-27 16.43.13-1.jpg

My 32mm TV Plossl has gone as I had bought it for my Lunt 50Ha but they just didn't like one another. My Baader Classic Orthos need a new EP case to live in so are currently squatting in a refractor case.

:o how much did that all cost you??

Lovely cases Derek :smiley:

I recently decided to stick to wide / uber wide eyepieces so I've let all but my 20mm TV plossls go. They are great eyepieces though. The 20mm is my "Horsehead" eyepiece for use with my Lumicon H-Beta filter in the Autumn / Winter.

I'm fighting the urge to get a 4.7mm Ethos SX at the moment :rolleyes2:

I've bought Terry's Powermate 2x to use with the 8mm and 6mm Ethos so maybe that will quench the desire. We will see .....

• Like 1

I'm slightly moving up in the world, getting explore scientifics soon :D

I'll be interested to see what differences you see between the ES's and the BST's and whether you feel any additional investment is worthwhile :smiley:

I'm slightly moving up in the world, getting explore scientifics soon :D

Great choice. Which range are you looking at? I've had the 82° and 68° sets and both are fantastic eyepieces. I preferred the 82°, but I am a wide-field junkie so it depends on what your preference is. I didn't find any difference in them optically.

In reference to John's post above, I have never looked through a BST so don't know how they compare. One thing I will say about the ES eyepieces is that apart from being fabulous to look through they are also extremely well designed and engineered with a real quality look and feel to them that rivals TeleVue at a significantly lower cost.

Lovely cases Derek :smiley:

I recently decided to stick to wide / uber wide eyepieces so I've let all but my 20mm TV plossls go. They are great eyepieces though. The 20mm is my "Horsehead" eyepiece for use with my Lumicon H-Beta filter in the Autumn / Winter.

I'm fighting the urge to get a 4.7mm Ethos SX at the moment :rolleyes2:

I've bought Terry's Powermate 2x to use with the 8mm and 6mm Ethos so maybe that will quench the desire. We will see .....

Ah! So it was you who stole my Powermate!! :lol:

I got in quick and grabbed the D4.5mm and was surprised to find that the 41mm was still available when my legendary resolve melted into nothing about an hour later. The clock ticked around a couple of times and I went back for more, but my targets were both gone :sad:

I sold a full set of TV Plossls about six months ago and have been kicking myself ever since, John. Now I have the Lunt50Ha and the Polarex-Unitrom 60mm it has caused me to re-assemble the set. Just the 25mm to go and I'm done as I've struggled to find much use for the 32-40-55mm Plossls in the scopes I would use them in.

Don't fight the 4.7mm SX - it's like pushing water up a hill - you know where things are going to end up so you might as well go for it :wink:

Well I'm getting a 28mm Maxvision, and maybe 6.7mm 82°, could you read one of my threads in the eyepiece section titled eyepiece plan please, I need your help

Will do :wink:

Please forgive me this lovely Scottish double positive: Aye, right!

Honest! I am nearly done!

Just these to go and I'll be closing my PayPal account...

TV Ethos 3.7mm SX

TV Ethos 4.7mm SX

TV Ethos 6mm

TV Ethos 10mm

TV Plossl 25mm

TV DeLite 7mm

TV DeLite 11mm

TV DeLite 18.2mm

Just for some balance, I will be selling the 3.5mm, 4.5mm, 6mm and 10mm Delos to fund the above purchases :rolleyes:

So, you must admit, I am closer to the finish than I am from the start - so "nearly done"? :lol:

Edited by DRT
  • Like 2

I dont have a picture at the moment but i have a pelican 1400 case. Fantastic case and incredibly versatile. Was originally a case used for high quality amplifier tubes. Which can bd very fragile. Coming in all sizes pelican cases are a great option.

Paul,

I would be trading up from Delos to Ethos and then adding the DeLites.

Those who know me know that this means I will actually end up with all three :grin:

Ahhhhhhhhh. A master plan!

The definitive Telvue shootout thread will run and run.

Did you reorder the Delites? If so, do we have a due date?

Paul

As you can see, I'm rapidly running out of space. Just enough for the 10mm Ethos which hopefully, will be my next buy.

Have you posted a pic elsewhere in the thread or should there have been one attached to your post above ?

Sounds a great collection. I did wonder about the 10mm Ethos myself but find that I skip straight from the 13mm to the 8mm so I've not pursued the 10mm. I'm thinking about the 4.7mm SX though. How often do you find you use the 3.7mm ?

John, I had the 3.7 for a while as it gave an almost perfect high mag in my refractors. Personally though I found it uncomfortable to use. I had to push my eye into the dished lens to see the full 110 degrees and I ended up seeing my eyelashes more than the target! I guess the eye relief feels shorter than it actually is. You can pull your eye away a little but then don't see the full field which defeats the object a little.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely eyepiece if you can get on with it.

Honest! I am nearly done!

Just these to go and I'll be closing my PayPal account...

TV Ethos 3.7mm SX

TV Ethos 4.7mm SX

TV Ethos 6mm

TV Ethos 10mm

TV Plossl 25mm

TV DeLite 7mm

TV DeLite 11mm

TV DeLite 18.2mm

Just for some balance, I will be selling the 3.5mm, 4.5mm, 6mm and 10mm Delos to fund the above purchases :rolleyes:

So, you must admit, I am closer to the finish than I am from the start - so "nearly done"? :lol:

Derek,

Believe that and you will knit fog and plat jam at the same time :grin: ..

I am looking at the 4.7mm Ethois as well and I would like a 27mm Panoptic, that would be me content :rolleyes: . Did you find a 4.5mm after all but now I see you want to sell it?

I feel the chances of a S/H 4.7mm are very slim, I have been looking on Astro B&S now for over 2 years for one and never seen a sign, I don't think I have ever seen one for sale so it looks like a big spend item :eek: . I only know of Joves down in Australia that even has one.

I wanted the 4.5D to fill the gap Alan but the long term plan is to have the full line-up of Ethos when funds permit. Once I have those I will consider selling the 4 x Delos but might decide not to.