Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

BTW: Does anybody knows if all the 24 Pans are the same, no matter how old, or are there any different versions?

That's actually an interesting question :smiley:

On one hand, Televue indeed doesn't mention any changes about Panoptic, on the other hand, Televue doesn't announce all the improvement to their eyepieces either. Take Radians as an example, if you read enough, especially comments on other sites, you'll get quite different opnions about Radians' transmission and colour tint, and my guts feeling is that people were talking about different Radians (Televue hadn't anounced any changed about Radians), as shown in here.

Panoptics have been around for longer time than Radians, only Televue knows the answer to your question. If I were you, I would prefer a newer Panoptic over an older one. Just my two cents.

As far as I know Tele Vue have not changed the specification for the 24mm Panoptic at all since it came into production. It was one of the first Tele Vue eyepieces I owned, quite a few years back, and I remember it very fondly :smiley:

I love mine, and to me it works very well with the N13. :smiley:  

Derek,

Then don't be taken aback when she shows you her Versace hand bag and matching shoe she picked up for 20 quid :grin:  in a secondhand shop, just believe :eek: .

I once had two 24mm Panoptics, forgot the bino viewer when I was in England, changed my mind and sold one. I could not detect any difference in these and I looked, but they were bought around the same time, one was new form Telly House.

Alan

• Like 2

I love the 24mm Panoptic...my favourite eyepiece I think. I like all my others too, but I think I'm there now and won't be adding anything for a while yet. 

post-10770-0-39970000-1432899906_thumb.j

By the way - it's an OIII filter in the paper. 

Edited by osbourne one-nil
  • Like 1

I tried calling TeleVue about the 24mm Panoptic.
Asked them if there was a difference in coating during the production of 24mm Panoptic.

I haven't got a definite answer (probably no big difference).

But I spoke with Al Nagler, and that was awesome :)

• Like 3

That's great for you there are one or two on site that have also spoken to the great man. Something makes me think no matter how much you spend on the clothes or telephone the Armani factory I really don't believe you would ever speak to Giorgio.

Alan

• Like 1

I've made a terrible mistake with my EP case. Dug out one too many spaces in the foam which makes it look like I'm missing a televue eyepiece. Can't think how I'm going to solve this problem.

If I am not mistaken that space would be a nice snug home for one of these, which coincidentally would fit right into your line-up :grin:

I've made a terrible mistake with my EP case. Dug out one too many spaces in the foam which makes it look like I'm missing a televue eyepiece. Can't think how I'm going to solve this problem.

I can get either your wallet or plastic out :grin: .