SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

OK, so I decided I wanted the flashlight, the Axiom 23, the green laser and the prism diagonal all in the same case so I got one of these off ebay seller "allendale":

post-41100-0-39455300-1430901663.jpg

It is 340 x 240 x 120mm

Hopefully it can take the Luminos 7,15,23, a 4.7mm Meade, and the stuff listed above. That's all I use.

What do you think ?

Still need to get foam for it.....

OK, so I decided I wanted the flashlight, the Axiom 23, the green laser and the prism diagonal all in the same case so I got one of these off ebay seller "allendale":

attachicon.gif$_57 (1).JPG

It is 340 x 240 x 120mm

Hopefully it can take the Luminos 7,15,23, a 4.7mm Meade, and the stuff listed above. That's all I use.

What do you think ?

Still need to get foam for it.....

Hi,

I've been looking recently for something similar .

I decided to go for this one here, as it allows me effectively to put all the equipment in one place, beside the new EPs on order, all my  other "known-unknown" such as AC adapters, cables.

Thanks for sharing...

• Like 1

A typical starters case, small with basic instruments, but with the addition of my 82° Explore Scientific and maxvision it's developing in the right direction. attachicon.gifDSC_0303.JPG

Ok, time for an image update, gone are the unused colour filters, replaced by the one and only Lumicon UHC, also ditched the 25mm standard (straw ep) to make room for the new addition Explore Scientific 6.7mm 82° series. So far, since the delivery of the new equipment it's been nothing but cloud cloud cloud!

Probably going to have to upgrade to a larger case in about 12 months if it carries on.

post-36849-0-42737100-1430979512_thumb.j

• Like 5

Here is a current pic of my lot. From L to R: Case 1 = Lumicon 2" O-III Filter, Omega 2" DGM NBP Filter, Lumicon 1.25" H-Beta Filter, Ethos 6mm, 8mm, 13mm and 21mm, Nagler 31mm

Case 2: 3mm Radian, 3.5mm Pentax XW, 4mm Radian, 5mm Pentax XW. Case 3: TV plossls 32mm, 25mm, 20mm, 15mm, 11mm and 8mm, 2.5x Powermate. It's an ortho-free zone currently, which is a bit unusual because I usually have one or two of those around.

post-118-0-09249700-1430998528_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Here is a current pic of my lot. From L to R: Case 1 = Lumicon 2" O-III Filter, Omega 2" DGM NBP Filter, Lumicon 1.25" H-Beta Filter, Ethos 6mm, 8mm, 13mm and 21mm, Nagler 31mm

Case 2: 3mm Radian, 3.5mm Pentax XW, 4mm Radian, 5mm Pentax XW. Case 3: TV plossls 32mm, 25mm, 20mm, 15mm, 11mm and 8mm, 2.5x Powermate. It's an ortho-free zone currently, which is a bit unusual because I usually have one or two of those around.

That's a top class collection to me. 

Although I would not buy 'giant-eyepieces' for myself, I bet the views they deliver are superb.

Are there specific targets you prefer using your set of plossl rather than the others?

Edited by pdp10
  • Like 1

That's a top class collection to me. 

Although I would not buy 'giant-eyepieces' for myself, I bet the views they deliver are superb.

Are there specific targets you prefer using your set of plossl rather than the others?

Thanks Piero.

The plossl / Powermate set are for when I just want to use lightweight eyepieces. The 20mm and 25mm are the ones I've been using with the H-Beta filter to search for the Horsehead Nebula. I've not seen it yet but thats more to do with local light pollution levels than the eyepieces I suspect :rolleyes2:

• Like 1

Naughty man ! :p

You know as well as I do that it is only a matter of time before they appear in this thread. Perhaps we should run a book on who will crack first? :lol:

• Like 1

i reckon theres room for the 3.7mm ethos in case number 1 john :smiley: :smiley: