Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Leegsi

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Derek,

How could you, I haven't even got my 11mm & 15mm yet and you have a whole set. I think treatment is required.

Alan

Not quite. The 55mm still eludes me - that said, I'm not sure it would give me anything I don't already get from the Nag 31mm (apart from an unusable 16mm exit pupil in my 12" Dob!).

There are quite a few TV Plossls available at a good price on Ebay at the moment ;-)

Derek,

How could you, I haven't even got my 11mm & 15mm yet and you have a whole set. I think treatment is required.

Alan

I'm cured of my eyepiece buying impulses. At least for now ;).

• Like 1

I know exactly how that feels.

How ?

Edited by John
  • Like 2

I am saving this post and will make sure it comes back to haunt you ;-)

• Like 1

How ?

Most of my astro equipment has been stored elsewhere for the past few months whilst building work has been going on and stargazing has been patchy at best (due to work/bad weather combination). I'm sure that will change when everything is moved back  :evil:.

It's not a course of treatment I'd recommend for anyone.  

Eyepieces

Finally took a picture of my slowly increasing collection. Still want a few more things (who doesn't), along with a bigger case, but this serves me well at the moment!

This is it!

Having taken delivery of my 40mm EP, I will not be buying any more eyepieces for some considerable time. I intend to work with these and build my experience looking through them.

And I have avoided inserting any question marks or ellipses - because I have made up my mind. Too much time (and money) spent on researching and hunting down the EPs and filters I had decided would cover all bases for me and my scopes.

So no more scouring the classifieds, ABS, Astroboot or eBay. I'm done. I'm there. It's complete. Over. Sorted.

Thanks for looking, as the ads might say.

post-36345-0-03760600-1409181178_thumb.j

• Like 3

heres what I have for the time being, ive got a 16mm t6nag in the pipline but after that everything is on hold till I get my mirror :)

31,23,12,10,9(100deg) 7mm

post-6284-0-18464300-1409938254_thumb.jp

Edited by Daniel-K
  • Like 1

luminos/axiom seem very well priced now days, might have to give one a go at some point:-)

Holy smokes that 31mm is massive! :D

some better pics of the axioms :) chris its bigger than the 31mm nag :eek: and the 23 aint no lightweight either

post-6284-0-63458300-1409939093_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-88302000-1409939114_thumb.jp

• Like 2

lol Jeez! it looks like a thermos flask next to that cup Dan! I bet focusers and diagonals quiver in fear! :D

• Like 2

I sold my Axiom 31mm for several reasons. The views were excellent but it was heavy and the goto motors werent keen on it when low down, the exit pupil was a little large for my old eyes and its not brillliant with glasses although useable.

That said, its a cracking eyepiece, just BIG, haha

PS just realised I need to change my signature, hah!

Edited by bomberbaz

Moved them from the middle of the back wall to the door end as they get used in a Dob now, likely buys in the future 12mm, 17mm and 22mm Naglers.......

20140914_1632381.jpg

I see you have the Pentax 30mm Tinker. I looked at one of these but the exit pupil made me go for a 28mm EP instead. How do you find it, reviews are very good on the smaller ones?

Blimey those are neat eyepiece cases with very nice eyepieces........i'm not showing mine....too embarrassed!

Out of interest, does anyone know of place to purchase replacement foam? My case has seen 20-30 changes of eyepieces and the foam is pulled to pieces.

Russ

. My current ep case is a baby wipe box. No foam but they are all capped and in the individual "cases" they came in. I realize when I get more I may have more than one ep case but that's okay

post-33714-0-33291000-1411497845_thumb.jSold a Mountain bike.....bought a Delos 8mm................Wow, what a lovely eyepiece; lots of glass!

I don't want to worry you but half of the eyepiece bottom right is beginning to fade away.

• Like 3

I don't want to worry you but half of the eyepiece bottom right is beginning to fade away.

That one has such exotic glass in it you can't see it at all!! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That's what I thought when  first saw the picture :grin:

Ian