Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

A new addition to my eyepiece collection is a set of Circle T orthos, 4, 6, 9, 12.5, 18 & 25mm. Plus an old Fullerscopes adjustable barlow, shown here in their posh new box which I knocked up from an old microscope box. The diagonal is my brassified WO 1.25 Dialectric. Oh and theres a Celestron 40mm E Lux Plossl in there temporarily until I can find a rare as hens teeth 40mm Circle T Ortho

This kit will be used mainly with my 4" F15 refractor.

Like the idea of the re used microscope box  :smiley: I still have my original fullerscope ortho's from the late 70's and the zoom barlow, would not part with them. Here they are alongside my latest acquisition for scale.

post-30467-0-00706500-1399370695_thumb.j  

• Like 1

alternatively Michael get a 21mm Ethos or 20mm ES in 100deg and you will not need 24 or 26mm Nagler,but thats a dangerous route of 100deg  and its either love or hate them. i personally like the 20mm and lower,but getting rid of high mag 100 degs to be replaced with orthos and erlfes.So new box again for me looool.

Like the idea of the re used microscope box  :smiley: I still have my original fullerscope ortho's from the late 70's and the zoom barlow, would not part with them. Here they are alongside my latest acquisition for scale.

attachicon.gifIMG_4343.jpg  

you would be absolutely mad if you decide to sell your vintage orthos,especially the 40mm one!Not only this one is ULTRA rare and practically impossible to find,they are still very high quality eye pieces and despite being over 30 years old,these Ep`s are still not passed in quality by ultra modern Eps in likes of TV,ES or anything else.

I personally got rid and getting rid of few modern Ep`s to be replaced with a whole set of 30years old eye pieces :D first part of set has been posted and i expect them to be with me in a weeks time,where second part will be posted in 12 days due to current owner being away on hols.

alternatively Michael get a 21mm Ethos or 20mm ES in 100deg and you will not need 24 or 26mm Nagler,but thats a dangerous route of 100deg  and its either love or hate them. i personally like the 20mm and lower,but getting rid of high mag 100 degs to be replaced with orthos and erlfes.So new box again for me looool.

hi dude, why are you selling your high power 100* dont you like them

Not enough eye relief. I have had a few EPs with 15mm eye relief (like the current Lunt zoom) and I find it too tight, on the whole

hi dude, why are you selling your high power 100* dont you like them

there is a reason behind why i am selling off my 9mm ES.Dont get me wrong,ES 100deg range are very nice Ep`s and performance wise on the same step as TV Ethos what has been confirmed by quite a few highly placed astronomers.

i need to raise money (partly) to fund my new purchase of quite rare full set of EP`s :) And as my 9mm ES is getting least used,decision was made to sacrifice this EP.However,if this Ep doesnt sell,i will happily keep it as performance wise i cant fault it.

i have mentioned earlier that i deeply regret the day when i was forced to sell off my set of BGO and i made myself a promise to have a full set of orthos back again some day and this day is getting closer and closer :)

there is a reason behind why i am selling off my 9mm ES.Dont get me wrong,ES 100deg range are very nice Ep`s and performance wise on the same step as TV Ethos what has been confirmed by quite a few highly placed astronomers.

i need to raise money (partly) to fund my new purchase of quite rare full set of EP`s :) And as my 9mm ES is getting least used,decision was made to sacrifice this EP.However,if this Ep doesnt sell,i will happily keep it as performance wise i cant fault it.

i have mentioned earlier that i deeply regret the day when i was forced to sell off my set of BGO and i made myself a promise to have a full set of orthos back again some day and this day is getting closer and closer :)

nice on dude, do you want to sell your 13mm ethos :grin:

I havent got an eyepiece case, I just use an old camera bag which holds everything. EP's, collimation tool's, Telrad, SQM meter, red lights, filters, sketch pads, pencils well basically everything that I need is in the one bag!

Just two EP's though, a 24mm 82˚ ES and Leica ASPH 17.8-8.9mm and a Baader VIP barlow. :)

post-20821-0-51288600-1399552227_thumb.j

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Avtar,

My oh my those Sky-watcher super wide 3.5mm are a size, nice selection of gear there.

Alan.

Don't use them much now as I find the Baader Zoom set at 8mm with the 2.25 Barlow gives me a better view, especialy for splitting doubles - to my eyes anyway.

Avtar

Don't use them much now as I find the Baader Zoom set at 8mm with the 2.25 Barlow gives me a better view, especialy for splitting doubles - to my eyes anyway.

Avtar

There you're, chance to free space for 2 or 3 EPs :smiley:

• Like 1

Had one of those for many years, been going to sell it as I have 21mm Ethos that gives similar views but have grown rather attached to it  :grin:

Dave

Depsite having the Ethos 21 I can't let the Nagler 31 go either. I don't use it a great deal but there are some things that it does better than anything else, e.g: showing the whole of the Veil Nebula when used with my ED102 Vixen refractor.