Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Leegsi

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

My last picture was a bit blurry plus i now have a splash of green in the case now, i added the 18mm BGO :(

Nice one Jules. I wouldn't mine a look through the 18BGO next time I see you :o

I have a case ready to "pluck" but waiting for my Baader Hyperion zoom eyepiece to arrive. That should just about do it for a while :(

That should just about do it for a while
Where have I read that before :(... O it was from almost every member on SGL :o:p

Nice one Jules. I wouldn't mine a look through the 18BGO next time I see you :(

Not a problem revs, we will have to meet up, i would like a look through the C11

Here's my case with more to follow...

Blimey, that 32mm Panaview is a bit of a beast!

:(

:o

Here's my case with more to follow

That is a great collection. I don't think i'd ever want more than that to be honest. Well chosen focal lengths, decent bang for buck quality wise. It's everything i'd want on a realistic budget. Obviously if i won the lotto or something it'd be black and green all the way, but until then, this is the collection i'm going to mimic. :(

dont think i will bother putting my e.p case on display, not with all those horrible green ones on show. lol

Last two. My collection is complete (except for maybe a 5mm TMB :()

rikmcrae-albums-equipment-picture15099-ep-case-2012-01-09-pentax-xw-7-10-14-20mm-skywatcher-lpr-filter-astronomic-uhc-not-shown-cheshire-eyepiece-screwdriver-adjusting-secondary-red-sketching-light-right-hand-side.jpg

I bet you won't be able to resist a 30mm Pentax eventually!

I bet you won't be able to resist a 30mm Pentax eventually!

Nice though they are, I think I will be able to restrain myself. The 30mm is a 2" barrel and I hate changing the adaptor also my sky isn't dark enough to make proper use of a 30mm on extended objects. If I want a lower power view of clusters, I'll just use the 20mm in the 6" f/5. Finally, for the same money I could get a PST or a modded DSLR :(

Where are you guys getting the metal cases from, looking around on goolge but not really sure what to look for?

Where are you guys getting the metal cases from, looking around on goolge but not really sure what to look for?

Maplins :)

I use a case I got from Telescope House some years back. Most slip into pre plucked holes. The bigger stuff, goes in sideways in the rectangular slots.....

6776360809_308a98e259_b.jpg

Cheers,

Andy.

ps: The threaded adapter is for the Speers variable eyepiece. Turns it into a 3 - 4.8mm from a 5 - 8mm.

My revised set :D its got a hotech now too

adz-albums-my-equipment-picture15496-dscn3497.jpg

Edited by Adz

Mmm looking great Adam,

IF I was to upgrade anyone of my eyepieces it would probably b the same as you and go for the 13E as its my most used EP by a long shot followed closely behind with the 35mm Panoptic.

Liking all the othos there Andy, I am a big convert to them recently :D

Edited by MjrTom