Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Leegsi

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, iPeace said:

Nice to see them in their own case; they deserve it. :headbang:

Did you replace the bottom caps? Mine came with black ones.

DSC_1231.thumb.JPG.6b6bbae490ce5e85351d06ae4426f821.JPG

Hmm, I don't remember. I think they came like this, but don't know it for sure...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20180210_151508.thumb.jpg.1ffb89b99298682ff39590099c090298.jpg

The arrival of the 9mm yesterday fills the gap nicely, and i'm done :D  (for now.... ;) )

Edited by rockystar
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20 Νοεμβρίου 2017 at 14:08, R26 oldtimer said:

Here is my minimalist set, also posted in "2 eyepieces plus barlow = all I need ?", although it's about to be complimented with a couple of bgo's.

I guess I' ll have to get myself a bigger case, or a second one like this.

 

image.jpeg

The bgo's have arrived, so has an ES 24/68. All of these plus finder, eaa cams, adapters, camera, 2" diagonal, filters and cables where in desperate need of a new case, so here it is...

image.thumb.jpeg.a493a229268dd9baf0476077b1d8b128.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3f1323fa340e14a3cca2ffc0f3a9460f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78fd78edc616d961ccf9c987d8509ead.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.40ca0746cbfb240e6bf996907f861136.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78114e25c3da0922a19c85bba538bd03.jpeg

image.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, R26 oldtimer said:

The bgo's have arrived, so has an ES 24/68. All of these plus finder, eaa cams, adapters, camera, 2" diagonal, filters and cables where in desperate need of a new case, so here it is...

Did you layer things on top of each other?  How are you going to get to various bits and pieces that aren't in the top layer in the dark while observing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The eyepieces and diagonal are on top, so are the three bgo's that are revealed as the finder with the hexafoc spacers are the first things that comes out of the case to be mounted on the scope.

The two orange cases at the bottom layer carry two M42 lenses, three eaa cams, their cables, power supply, and their spacers, because they don't get used all the time.

So unless I go for eaa, everything I need is flush mounted. :bino2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, R26 oldtimer said:

The bgo's have arrived, so has an ES 24/68. All of these plus finder, eaa cams, adapters, camera, 2" diagonal, filters and cables where in desperate need of a new case, so here it is...

image.thumb.jpeg.a493a229268dd9baf0476077b1d8b128.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3f1323fa340e14a3cca2ffc0f3a9460f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78fd78edc616d961ccf9c987d8509ead.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.40ca0746cbfb240e6bf996907f861136.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78114e25c3da0922a19c85bba538bd03.jpeg

image.jpeg

I like the top handles on those. What make?

For larger eps & Paracorr I use a camera bag and put each ep etc in a suitably sized lens pouch. Keeps them snug & safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a stanley tstack and the insert is eva foam aka "yoga mat":happy7:. Quite nice material, firm enough and can be worked with dremel.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stanley Tstack! I'll have to have a look and see if they're any cheaper than the DeWalt version. The drawer units in particular look useful as they would still be accessible while at the bottom of the stack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, R26 oldtimer said:

It's a stanley tstack and the insert is eva foam aka "yoga mat":happy7:. Quite nice material, firm enough and can be worked with dremel.

Good idea for foam. I expect camping mats are similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started to assemble a dedicated case for high power viewing.

Comprises Fujiyama HD-OR 4, 5, 6, 7 mm, Nagler 3-6 mm zoom, Takahashi 2x Barlow. Plenty of room for some more :happy7:

All housed in a CamKit case - it's the second one of these that I've got - this one is blue to differentiate it from my Takahashi LE collection contained in a black version. These CamKit cases are great for standard sized 1.25 inch eyepieces (not bulky ones, though, and certainly not 2 inch)

 

 

IMG_8189.JPG

IMG_8190.JPG

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 16:06, rockystar said:

20180210_151508.thumb.jpg.1ffb89b99298682ff39590099c090298.jpg

The arrival of the 9mm yesterday fills the gap nicely, and i'm done :D  (for now.... ;) )

So add it to your sig!!:hello2:

How do you like your 9mm? Are you tempted by the new 17.5mm?:grin:

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got an old small ali case which just happens to fit my newly acquired set of Parks Gold Japanese Pseudo-Masuyamas quite nicely..

I also have an incoming 3.8mm which should arrive any time now, so I'll have 7 of the possible 9 variants in this line: 3.8, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30mm:smiley:

Dave

IMG_20180309_140225452_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180309_140000858.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV Plossls 25mm, 2X 15mm, 13, 2X11mm, 7.4mm.

35mm Baader Eudiascopic, 18mm Ultima, X2 SV  Barlow.

9mm Baader Genuine Ortho, 2X 16.8mm Super Abbe Ortho's

Vixen LV's 20mm, 2X 15mm, 2.5mm

Nirvana 4mm 82° 

5aa82b2f6cc99_2018-03-1319_28_54.thumb.jpg.780d4c121d71083a538e769adb2f9273.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F15Rules said:

So add it to your sig!!:hello2:

How do you like your 9mm? Are you tempted by the new 17.5mm?:grin:

Dave

Oh yeah, best do that :)

I haven't had an opportunity yet, only really had two clear nights since I got it and couldn't get out.

I don't currently feel there is a gap that needs filling between the 14 and 24, so I have no plans to get the 17.5 - but time will tell :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

TV Plossls 25mm, 2X 15mm, 13, 2X11mm, 7.4mm.

35mm Baader Eudiascopic, 18mm Ultima, X2 SV  Barlow.

9mm Baader Genuine Ortho, 2X 16.8mm Super Abbe Ortho's

Vixen LV's 20mm, 2X 15mm, 2.5mm

Nirvana 4mm 82° 

5aa82b2f6cc99_2018-03-1319_28_54.thumb.jpg.780d4c121d71083a538e769adb2f9273.jpg

Very nice collection Mike.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, F15Rules said:

I've got an old small ali case which just happens to fit my newly acquired set of Parks Gold Japanese Pseudo-Masuyamas quite nicely..

I also have an incoming 3.8mm which should arrive any time now, so I'll have 7 of the possible 9 variants in this line: 3.8, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30mm:smiley:

Dave

IMG_20180309_140225452_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180309_140000858.jpg

A classic set of optics Dave, and I see you managed to find some eye guards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2018 at 00:58, iPeace said:

Nice to see them in their own case; they deserve it. :headbang:

Did you replace the bottom caps? Mine came with black ones.

DSC_1231.thumb.JPG.6b6bbae490ce5e85351d06ae4426f821.JPG

Need room for the 3.4mm next month.

Vixen site

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, F15Rules said:

I've got an old small ali case which just happens to fit my newly acquired set of Parks Gold Japanese Pseudo-Masuyamas quite nicely..

I also have an incoming 3.8mm which should arrive any time now, so I'll have 7 of the possible 9 variants in this line: 3.8, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30mm:smiley:

Dave

IMG_20180309_140225452_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180309_140000858.jpg

Fantastic set of eyepieces Dave. And it takes me back to 2004 when I had a set of Orion Ultrascopic (rebadged Parks Gold) eyepieces. Loved those eyepieces so much. So sharp and contrasty. Regretted selling them. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saganite said:

A classic set of optics Dave, and I see you managed to find some eye guards.

Hi Steve,

Yes, I bought a pair from Robtics in Holland (£22 for a pair shipped!:eek::eek:), and I was very fortunate to be gifted 3 very kindly by MikeDknight, one of which was large enough to fit on the 30mm, which is a lovely eyepiece :headbang:.

Just need to find one or two more now but at least I can swap them around if need be..

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, russ said:

Fantastic set of eyepieces Dave. And it takes me back to 2004 when I had a set of Orion Ultrascopic (rebadged Parks Gold) eyepieces. Loved those eyepieces so much. So sharp and contrasty. Regretted selling them

Thanks Russ. Yes, spot on. I think these are very early Parks ones, maybe even dating from the 1980s..

Looking forward to a proper first light before long..

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a variety of reasons I have had to let all of my TV eyepieces go and have replaced them with this set. From the research I've done my refractors should deal with these well but I'll have to put up with a few issues in my F4 Dob. 

The space top right is reserved for the matching Barlow if one comes up second hand. 

IMG_0825.thumb.JPG.d002c05b3be48317ab927595bbb22260.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DRT said:

I have had to let all of my TV eyepieces go

Some my reactions to your news: :crybaby2::clouds2::clouds1: :shocked: :( :blink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DRT said:

For a variety of reasons I have had to let all of my TV eyepieces go and have replaced them with this set. From the research I've done my refractors should deal with these well but I'll have to put up with a few issues in my F4 Dob. 

The space top right is reserved for the matching Barlow if one comes up second hand. 

IMG_0825.thumb.JPG.d002c05b3be48317ab927595bbb22260.JPG

Have you considered a coma corrector? GSO make a reasonably priced one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.