Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

My case now has it's new foam (many thanks for the links, especially Len...local Jessops had it in stock). Now not so ashamed to show the case. :eek:

Very happy with whats in the case. I have a selection of Orthos, filters, Plossls and a barlow not in the case which i'll be clearing out now.

Only thing that would tempt me now would be either a Paragon or UWAN 28 at a stonkingly low price. :)

Russ

post-12650-133877420576_thumb.jpg

Edited by russ

Russ, I see you put the filters into the foam without case. Does the foam not scratch on the glass/coating? Or is this kind of foam soft enough? It would save me a lot of space if I could put them in like you do. But I'm worried about them getting scratched.

Hmm yes i did think that myself but they are only my cheap colour filters from Ebay. I had a closer look and i think they'll be fine. They have pushed the foam out away and it's not touching the optical surfaces. But notice how the UHC and OIII are still in their protective cases.......didn't want to risk those. :)

Russ

Edited by russ

I don't have eyepeices... but I got two new aluminium flight cases for Christmas. I've only had a chance to sort one of them out so far. But here it is completed.

When Maplins do one of their deals, the cases are so cheap it's probably just as expensive to buy the foam... This case was £15.

Filters

1.25" - OIII, Ha, Hb, FR & CLS

2" moon sky glow & Skywatcher LP.

Cameras

Toucam SPC900, DMK21, 300D (with 2" adapter), SXV-H9 and filter wheel.

It's my aim to keep as tidy as possible as long as possible :).

Cheers

Ant

I've got fed up carrying multiple cases, so I got the largest case Jessops do and fitted in Telescope, extender tube, 2 inch diagonal, RDF, 28mm Uwan, 13 & 8 mm Hyperions, 5 & 4mm BO/TMB Planetaries, 3mm WO SPL and room for a couple of filters.

[ATTACH]31258[/ATTACH]

Here is mine.

Just starting out so I only have basic plossl eyepieces at the moment.

Case is from B&Q and foam is from E-bay.

Just search for 'camera case foam' different thickness and sizes available.

Wayne

how or where did you hide the cables for the webcam ?

very neat

Funny you should mention cables. After watching an unnamed SGL member at Salisbury trying to extract a cable from a humungas cable birdsnest, which by the way lived in a nice ali case. Was going ask how other folks store there cables (ready for action). I try and put my cable's in Zipper bags, with what they are for in permant felttip on the bag. THEN they all live in the nice ali case :)

how or where did you hide the cables for the webcam ?

very neat

The base of my case is 90mm and the lid is 40mm deep.

I used 3 x 40mm camera case foams to fill (2 base/ 1 lid)

The top half houses all eyepiece,filters,webcam so there is plenty of room underneath for a cut out for the usb cable.

I dont have many cables as I am an observer - currently I carry;

2x Power cables for mount (one as a backup)

1x Fan power cable with fan controller

1x Synscan cable

I place mine under various bits in the accessory case. So the vables are kept seperated.

Well this thread has been an inspiration to me!

I first googled some cases and foam, only to choke on the price (it seems a boring way to spend £30)

So I've had a look round the house and spent a cloudy evening knocking this up.

Cost me exactly zero and now I'm chuffed!

(the 10mm plossl in the picture is for 'illustration only' as it's replacement is in the post)

post-14652-133877420962_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I use a £7.99 toolbox from B&Q.

Bottom shelf - 2" stuff

Middle shelf - diagonal, EP's & barlows (flters slide under handle)

Top trays - filters, cleaning pen, cloth & blower/brush

I also have a pink plastic box I bought at the local market for £3.99 for my CCTV camera, QHY5, and a couple of webcams that are useless for anything other than the moon - one day I'll think of a way of getting rid of (Opticstar PL-130C, Trust HD CMOS).

The Celestron Onyx came with a metal case, and the foam has holes for diagonal, eyepieces, etc.

I'm not motivated to take pictures.

I have only cut one hole - for the QHY5, as I can't figure out how (tried stanley knife & scissors, but not tidy). I cannibalised the packing that came with my synscan upgrade and bought two meter lengths of foam from an online foam supplier, and I cut this into rectangles to pack round the things in the box, and larger rectangles to fit beneath and on top.

Form follows function.

M.