Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

4 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Even I am too proud to stick cheap Huygenian EPs etc. in there!

That's what I have my Z-team case for.  I have Kellners, reverse Kellners, 70 degree Konig variants, Rini modified Plossls, etc. in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I bet none of them have plastic lenses though ?

No, definitely no plastic lenses in there.  I do have a Galileo telescope kit that uses a singlet DCX lens for the objective and another for the eyepiece, IIRC.  Pretty crappy views, but assembling the whole thing from cardboard tubes and washers was fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 12:11, planetman83 said:

Guys, I want to ask: In these cases with the precut foam like the B&W, how can you glue the foam back again to rearrange your eyepieces?

It depends if it is high density or low density.  High density foam like that found in high end cases like Pelican can just be put back in place and will generally stay put due to friction and rigidity.  Low density like that found in discount store cases can also be put back in place, but it tends to move about as eyepieces are pulled out and put back.  Heck, low density foam tends to keep tearing along the perforation lines over time.  I've had high density foam in a couple of 20 year old cases that has yet to crumble, so it's worth the investment.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest incarnation of my 1.25" eyepiece case. Panoptic 24, Delos 14, 10, 6, Morpheus 17.5, 4.5

1214525927_DSC_06124.thumb.JPG.ed19597001a3cadeaac2760bc56f7b43.JPG

My minimalist set comprises 24 Pan, 18.2, 7 Delites and a 2x ES Barlow giving me 24, 18.2, 12, 9, 7, 3.5

Avtar 

• Like 4

The basis of my viewing. A Nagler 26m and two Nikon Nav HW EP;s at 17 and 12.5mm. 

I should point out the Nikons come with what are effectively barlows which gives a 14 and 10mm respectively. 

Now chuck a 2x TV Powermate at that lot coupled with a 1200 FL dob and I would say all bases are covered.

See my signature below and at last I think I have cracked it ? 

my glass.JPG

• Like 6

Pretty standard, Plossl-full Celestron with the odd addition here and there. Set of 7 filters that I am still working through inc. moon.

Forgive any errors or omissions and please be kind, I’m new to all this having come from a hefty film background and looking to film the heavens.

I really struggle with lining up the eye with anything less than the 13mm but with the 2x Barlow it’s 6mm but the 32mm with the 3x Ostara will be tested and hope to post results. Took the attached pic with an iPhone held over the 32mm.

4A687886-8386-4AE2-AE1D-D7019E812520.jpeg

9034882E-49ED-40EC-B8CF-27D287005CE5.png

Edited by Xoyo
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, SG2112 said:

I’m new to stargazers lounge and this is my first post! I just purchased a new case because I outgrew my old one. I am DONE buying eyepieces!! Yeah right.

I'm up to six cases now.  Hold onto that old case, you'll need it.  I guarantee it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my collection so far. As things progress I will trade the Celestron ones in for something else. Probably Tele Vue due to the pressure from other people's posts!! ???

The Vixen SSW will need practice. My favourite is the LVW 22 I just bought from an SGL member.

David

20181216_100610-800x800.jpg

20181216_100631-800x800.jpg

20181216_100621-800x800.jpg

• Like 6