Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Derek,

How could you, I haven't even got my 11mm & 15mm yet and you have a whole set. I think treatment is required.

Alan

Not quite. The 55mm still eludes me - that said, I'm not sure it would give me anything I don't already get from the Nag 31mm (apart from an unusable 16mm exit pupil in my 12" Dob!).

There are quite a few TV Plossls available at a good price on Ebay at the moment ;-)

How ?

Most of my astro equipment has been stored elsewhere for the past few months whilst building work has been going on and stargazing has been patchy at best (due to work/bad weather combination). I'm sure that will change when everything is moved back  :evil:.

It's not a course of treatment I'd recommend for anyone.  

• 2 weeks later...

This is it!

Having taken delivery of my 40mm EP, I will not be buying any more eyepieces for some considerable time. I intend to work with these and build my experience looking through them.

And I have avoided inserting any question marks or ellipses - because I have made up my mind. Too much time (and money) spent on researching and hunting down the EPs and filters I had decided would cover all bases for me and my scopes.

So no more scouring the classifieds, ABS, Astroboot or eBay. I'm done. I'm there. It's complete. Over. Sorted.

Thanks for looking, as the ads might say.

post-36345-0-03760600-1409181178_thumb.j

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I sold my Axiom 31mm for several reasons. The views were excellent but it was heavy and the goto motors werent keen on it when low down, the exit pupil was a little large for my old eyes and its not brillliant with glasses although useable.

That said, its a cracking eyepiece, just BIG, haha

PS just realised I need to change my signature, hah!

Edited by bomberbaz

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey those are neat eyepiece cases with very nice eyepieces........i'm not showing mine....too embarrassed!

Out of interest, does anyone know of place to purchase replacement foam? My case has seen 20-30 changes of eyepieces and the foam is pulled to pieces.

Russ

. My current ep case is a baby wipe box. No foam but they are all capped and in the individual "cases" they came in. I realize when I get more I may have more than one ep case but that's okay

• 2 weeks later...