SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC 2087 a mosaic with FSQ 106 and ASI 183 and APP to the rescue

vdb

So I started this object under the assumption it would fit nicely, but I needed to shoot upper and lower 1/2 frame extra so this is a 3 pannel Mosaic with 50% overlap for L (for RGB I just shot upper and lower panel). The nice thing about APP was that for L due to the large overlap, I could stack all 3 panels in one go, so the middle part had an extra dose of data. I must say APP is a miracle!

FSQ 106, ASI 183, Mesu 200. L:184x5minL RGB:40x5min

(not enough RGB, but the L was butter smooth, no noise reduction used except on the RGB layer during combination)

46472996472_91cede9dd2_c.jpgIC2087 by Yves, on Flickr

1 hour ago, fireballxl5 said:

Great effort and fine image of a fascinating object. 

I'm sure that APP is fantastic software but the colours in the stars don't look right to me ?

Thanks, Not enough RGB data + the fact that the conditions while imaging the RGB subs where suboptimal makes that star color is less then optimal indeed, APP in itself can't fix that I'm afraid, I could have gone into PS and fix it, but I'm more and more inclined to just process as minimal as possible and post.

/Yves

48 minutes ago, vdb said:

Thanks, Not enough RGB data + the fact that the conditions while imaging the RGB subs where suboptimal makes that star color is less then optimal indeed, APP in itself can't fix that I'm afraid, I could have gone into PS and fix it, but I'm more and more inclined to just process as minimal as possible and post.

/Yves

Maybe the conditions played a part but the colour channels look misaligned to me. Maybe caused when creating the mosaic?

Happy New Year!

Due to the suboptimal conditions, stars where varying in size between the color channels to get them somewhere a bit in the same ballpark, I used a quick Morphological transformation in PI, so that's why one can see some color shifts in stars ...

/Yves

I see. The data must have been very difficult to work with then and in that case your final result is clearly a great achievement. It sounds like data that I would have given up on! Thanks being so open and tolerating my pixel peaking?

Archived