Narrowband

Hi

Display Name

Hi there,

New member here.

For years and years I've been meaning to take some time and start looking upwards rather than at a tv screen or monitor,  so last month I got myself a pair of bins and headed away from the city to see what I could see in the sky.

I have to admit I was quite staggered at what I was able to see after my eyes got used to the dark. Since then I've been pretty much hooked. Why didn'tI get into this years ago!

My wife bought me a telescope for Christmas so looking forward to getting the chance to check it out. I believe it's a reasonable scope for a starter then hopefully work my way up to something better.

I was driving down from Aberdeen to Glasgow this morning and Venus was nice and bright over Aberdeen so I stopped to take a wee photo. Jupiter kindly put a an appearance and I was pretty delighted as that was my first glimpse of Jupiter as the weather has been pretty rotten.

All the best

Pete

49245190_784423745240302_5698443092277854208_n.thumb.png.a2d064d221a48ce692c79ef590fd4e72.png

Thats a good start.
Binoculars are a worth while investment, alone or aside any scope. I have a pair of Strathspey Marine 10x50's primarily for mobile use when out in the car.

I often travel via the A9 to/from Glasgow, and on the better nights, there are many places along the A9 to stop and nip out for a quick look.

What scope you waiting to check out?

Welcome to the Stargazers lounge.

Hi, Pete, and welcome to SGL.

Despite being almost exclusively an imager with the scope, the binoculars often put in an appearance ro "cruise the sky" while the scope is doing its thing. And there is nothing like them for "learning the sky" ... discovering things that you can then revisit with your scope.

Enjoy the journey.

13 hours ago, Charic said:

Thats a good start.
Binoculars are a worth while investment, alone or aside any scope. I have a pair of Strathspey Marine 10x50's primarily for mobile use when out in the car.

I often travel via the A9 to/from Glasgow, and on the better nights, there are many places along the A9 to stop and nip out for a quick look.

What scope you waiting to check out?

Welcome to the Stargazers lounge.

It's a Celestron Powerseeker 76AZ.  Whilst not that great, I'm looking forward to some decent weather to get out and give it a go.

I'm sure it won't be long until I move onto something like a 150/200mm Dob.

Just ordered Turn Left at Orion so looking forward to getting stuck in.

Thanks everybody for the welcome!

26 minutes ago, Display Name said:

It's a Celestron Powerseeker 76AZ.  Whilst not that great, I'm looking forward to some decent weather to get out and give it a go.

Just ordered Turn Left at Orion so looking forward to getting stuck in.

Thanks everybody for the welcome!

Just incase you need any persuasion.....

Archived