F6. 3 focal reducers for SCT's

Over the years I have used both Celestron and Meade f6. 3 focal reducers. Both worked well in my then 8 inch SCT. They seemed to work well and were both of similar quality. I know there are other brands, Antares, Proxima and unbranded. Can these be of similar quality. Possibly from the same factory? 

Hi Martin, I've only ever used the Meade one and as far as I can see they're all identical but not tried others to find out.

If you're in need of one I've just bought an AP one for my SCT as I've been using the 6.3 version not designed for flat field so got one going spare now, been hunting high and low trying to find the bolt case for it :grin:

Dave

I have the Meade 6.3 reducer and whilst I have never laid eyes on any other I feel they may well be made in the same place with different boxes and tattoos. I made the mistake years back I believing I could put this in my 12 inch Sc then bang in a 40mm SWA 68 degree eyepiece and see my feet, how wrong can one be. I never use it now and if in England would sell it, but as the courier from here would cost almost as much as the thing is worth, it's collecting dust somewhere.

Alan

Archived