SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC-410, IC-417 and part of IC-405

Rodd

Rodd,

Being the perfectionist that you are you cannot stop yourself from getting into trouble even with a very nice image. That is admirable and probably a good way foreward. I assume you have noticed that the stars in that "red mottle" blow up you posted also shows that you have a very slight problem with the reducer or tilt, although only a monocle wearing perfectionist would worry. By the way how do you know it is "red mottle" and not real clumps of red matter floating in space that you captured.

Happy New Year!

Göran

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, gorann said:

Rodd,

Being the perfectionist that you are you cannot stop yourself from getting into trouble even with a very nice image. That is admirable and probably a good way foreward. I assume you have noticed that the stars in that "red mottle" blow up you posted also shows that you have a very slight problem with the reducer or tilt, although only a monocle wearing perfectionist would worry. By the way how do you know it is "red mottle" and not real clumps of red matter floating in space that you captured.

Happy New Year!

Göran

The star issue is the spacing being a bit off (1mm). I will switch to the proper spacing when I am done with m78. As far as the mottled go, it is obviosly a  data issue as they are effectively removed. And also. They are in the blue channel that effects the red channel. I fixed them by fixing the blue channel. Remember, the spider is near the Edge of the fov

Happy new year

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 07:49, gorann said:

Looks really nice with or without monocle Rodd!

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:20, wimvb said:

Dusty, I like that.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:04, vlaiv said:

Works the same for both

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 14:49, ollypenrice said:

Beware of flattening the blues.

I had to reprocess after taking a closer look at the blues.  I used some techniques I don't usually employ--such as noise control in the linear state.  I was also more careful with my deconvolution.  I think the crop shows the improvement more than the full image.  The background may be slightly clipped.  that's the goal for the next iteration.  Until then....a step or two in the right direction?

Edit--almost forgot--I managed to collect 3 more 5min OIII subs before my computer lost contact with the mount--I think its a cable that I noticed was split--I could see wire through the rubber.  At least I hope--out of commission until resolved.  Mount was still tracking though, so I don't think its the mount

1087463621_Image30b-deconcrp2.thumb.jpg.68448602567e9834a878a0cb7ec84b0f.jpg

Image30b-decon.thumb.jpg.682a800ec72381205321d1aa811a0f1c.jpg

Such a beautiful image - I love these expansive shots with all the dust and colours - excellent benchmark for me to shoot for in 2019!

Thanks for sharing this and to everyone for the discussion on its processing - really interesting.

David

7 minutes ago, David_L said:

Such a beautiful image - I love these expansive shots with all the dust and colours - excellent benchmark for me to shoot for in 2019!

Thanks for sharing this and to everyone for the discussion on its processing - really interesting.

David

Thanks, David.  I hope 2019 brings clear skies for you--and for all.  Happy New Year everyone.  AP wise, it was a good 2018.  

Rodd

Archived