Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Focuser Upgrade

Without sounding patronizing (my apologies) Your scope is brand new, unless you've used yours enough to know you want a better one you may just find yours is fine, now if you do want to upgrade then theres no harm in that either. I say this because it happens to all of us either new to the hobby or a new scope, you want everything upgraded right away, when what we had was fine, having said that, here's one i found for you which is priced in the mid range and does the trick, i have used this same one on my lightbridge and it was fine, i am assuming it should mate with your skywatcher but just in case inquire with the vendor.

https://agenaastro.com/antares-low-profile-focuser-gear-drive-reflectors-dual-speed.html

Go with the Lacerta upgrade option recommended in previous posts. It is cheap, easy to fit and works a treat. I did splash out on a Moonlite gourmet effort for my big Dob. But the 10” still has the standard Skywatcher plus Lacerta. I’ve no plans to upgrade. 

Remember that the standard focuser can be adjusted in terms of alignment and friction.

Paul

On 28/12/2018 at 19:20, Sunshine said:

Without sounding patronizing (my apologies) Your scope is brand new, unless you've used yours enough to know you want a better one you may just find yours is fine, now if you do want to upgrade then theres no harm in that either. I say this because it happens to all of us either new to the hobby or a new scope, you want everything upgraded right away, when what we had was fine, having said that, here's one i found for you which is priced in the mid range and does the trick, i have used this same one on my lightbridge and it was fine, i am assuming it should mate with your skywatcher but just in case inquire with the vendor.

https://agenaastro.com/antares-low-profile-focuser-gear-drive-reflectors-dual-speed.html

thank you! My scope is new, but while using it, I noticed I missed a “fine tune” mechanism. That’s why I want the upgrade. I am really liking the Lacerta add on fro 365!

8 minutes ago, Greg6498 said:

thank you! My scope is new, but while using it, I noticed I missed a “fine tune” mechanism. That’s why I want the upgrade. I am really liking the Lacerta add on fro 365!

Awesome! yes that lacerta kit looks perfect, i wasn't aware of it, hope it works out great for you.

Archived