SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New to Astrophotography

Cnnr21

As stated above my recommendation is to take one step at a time.   I did not guide for the first 3 months while I was learning the camera, the software, the mount etc etc, but my images were pretty awful due to star trails despite doing PA to the best of my abilities.    However by the time I started guiding I was used to the software, mount etc and guiding enabled me to do much longer exposures.   My next improvement was to get the DSLR modified and this was another big step up for me.  

Two years later I got myself a mono camera and filters, and made another huge improvement and have never looked back.  I guess I could have made the Mono leap a bit earlier but was happy with the DSLR for a while until I became frustrated with the noise levels. 

It all depends on the OP how much he/she,  wants to/can afford to take on all in one go.   I just feel trying to do everything at once leads to frustration.  Get one thing right first then add the next hurdle.

Carole 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived