Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

KevS

Strange Sight in Lincolnshire

Just saw a strange sight in Lincolnshire, big yellow orange thing in the morning sky. Consider it may be the sun!! There is also a hint of blue directly above...………...may have just jinxed it.

Doh. 

Cloud and yet more cloud here, you are lucky to have a glimpse, clear sky's are not

on the forecast for a while either.

It's in and out like a yo-yo here but mainly cloudy...

Scary isn't it, i thought the same here.  Its big and bright and round in the sky, not been seen for months.

• Like 1

That's nothing. On the news this morning they announced that New Yorkers had been "confused" by the fact that the sky was blue!

• Haha 2

Saw a couple of patches of blue but didn't see the strange orange thing you mention. Back to drab grey now.

Seems it's time to call Mully and Sculder from the FIB!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Set alarm based on "clear outside" for 03:00 this morning, on looking outside at 03:10 it's now clear that was a mistake. Just had a quick butchers  and it's still...................................................drum roll..........................................….clagged up! On third cup of coffee so no point in attempting to return to the land of nod. :clouds1:

Edited by KevS
wanted to

Sorry to hear that, Kev. It cleared quite nicely here at about half three. Although I will admit that it has been the sort of morning that makes me really glad that I am not a brass monkey!

Better hide under the bed! 

The aliens are using that bright orb in the sky to lull you into a false sense of security, before taking you away to perform weird experiments on you.

Wait, that's not aliens, it's our governments.

• Haha 1

There's also a lot of blue and no white stuff in the air here in Oxford.... BBC says clear tonight, clear outside says red... who knows!

Cloudy here as usual...

13 minutes ago, Gina said:

Cloudy here as usual...

It's OK - cloudy again here (about 30min after I posted the above!) :rolleyes:

• Like 1