SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wife just asked how much my telescope cost !

Danjc

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/12/2018 at 18:42, knobby said:

Rother Valley optics do 'wife receipts' if you ask them ... I bought a Skywatcher Sam counterweight kit there for £9 ?

Some years back I was chatting to the owner of Stockport Binocular & Telescope Centre when they used to have an actual shop. He told me that he'd recently had a man come into the shop who handed him a winning raffle ticket and letter, stating that the man was the lucky winner of a lovely 100mm Tal refractor and mount. He requested the shop owner to send it through the post so the man's wife will open it. The man then paid the full price for the Tal and waited for for his wife to excitedly tell him he was the lucky winner of a brand new telescope. :happy7:

14 hours ago, paulastro said:

Sounds as if you're tall stories aren't very convincing if that's your own experience Peter?  :laugh2:

It's looking like we need to take Peter under our wing Paul, and train him in the art of Survival Of  The Slickest!

Not knowing what to get my wife for Xmas I once went into her hairdressers and asked do they sell gift vouchers. Yes, so I asked how much my wife might need to last her a month on hair and beauty. They told me and I bought the vouchers.

Five women under hairdryers then leapt from their chairs demanding confidentiality should their husbands ever ask a similar question.  Stupid really, as (according to my wife) the hairdresser allegedly told me "double" simply to "talk me up". At least my missus looks as if she has benefited after a visit.  If I was married to the other five I wouldn't waste my money.

13 hours ago, noah4x4 said:

Not knowing what to get my wife for Xmas I once went into her hairdressers and asked do they sell gift vouchers. Yes, so I asked how much my wife might need to last her a month on hair and beauty. They told me and I bought the vouchers.

Five women under hairdryers then leapt from their chairs demanding confidentiality should their husbands ever ask a similar question.  Stupid really, as (according to my wife) the hairdresser allegedly told me "double" simply to "talk me up". At least my missus looks as if she has benefited after a visit.  If I was married to the other five I wouldn't waste my money.

Haha. Don't talk to me about women and hair salon vouchers. Story for another day. 

Archived