Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wife just asked how much my telescope cost !

Danjc

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I'm lucky - my wife is OK with expense (within reason), being more concerned about storage.  Things got so bad when number 3 (the Dob) took up residence in the living room that I had to get a shed so we could reclaim some space.  Peace and harmony restored!  ?

Doug.

12 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Guess I'm lucky - my wife is OK with expense (within reason), being more concerned about storage.  Things got so bad when number 3 (the Dob) took up residence in the living room that I had to get a shed so we could reclaim some space.  Peace and harmony restored!  ?

Doug.

Like you my wife wasn't too bothered about cost but I frequently showed her photos of members' kit stored in the bedroom/lounge/dining room/kitchen and she always said "Don't think you're doing that."

Though I've really not spent a lot on my set up, actually more on my little obsy, (the neutral zone) than my scope, my much better half doesn't complain.

3 days from now, we'll celebrate 39 years married, plus 1 "we lived in sin".

She's tolerated a lot worse than me sitting alone in the dark looking at the stars.

Now that with some age a little wisdom has come my way, I do my best to hide nothing.

Gotta go, time to make dinner.?

4 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Doug.

I bet she doesn’t put up with the shed for long :) 

On 27/12/2018 at 19:31, Astro Imp said:

I often read these type of threads.
I must have been lucky with my wife, if I hinted I wanted something her reply was always the same "If you want it get it". The problem with this was it always made me feel guilty.

Just don’t do the mistress thingy then ;) 

Amazing that you get a free MESU and Astrodon filter set when you buy a SW ED80 scope.  What great chaps!

A little lateral thinking is needed ;) 

On a more serious note, this is one of the reasons I do not want to remarry, for now at any rate.  A GF with her own house and my own house suits me just perfectly and I can do what I want.

1 hour ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

"On a more serious note, this is one of the reasons I do not want to remarry, for now at any rate.  A GF with her own house and my own house suits me just perfectly and I can do what I want." 

Great isn't it. Best of both worlds. 

Yep.  Sure is.  No one questioning what we buy or why.  I have enough difficulty convincing myself let alone a wife ?

After being cleaned out (financially) with 2 previous relationships where we had joints accounts I will never ever ever ever have a joint account again. I've been very happy with separate accounts for 13 years with my lovely lady. So long as all the bills get paid and there is food in the cupboard, she will never need to be concerned where the rest gets spent. If she ever asks me for money she will be welcome to it.

5 minutes ago, TSRobot said:

After being cleaned out (financially) with 2 previous relationships where we had joints accounts I will never ever ever ever have a joint account again. I've been very happy with separate accounts for 13 years with my lovely lady. So long as all the bills get paid and there is food in the cupboard, she will never need to be concerned where the rest gets spent. If she ever asks me for money she will be welcome to it.

Pretty much the same 3 accounts 1 each and a joint where we both put a lump sum to cover all the months outgoings. 

As I earn a little more I always ask her if she wants/needs some cash to see her right. 

On 29/12/2018 at 15:46, kirkster501 said:

Yep.  Sure is.  No one questioning what we buy or why.  I have enough difficulty convincing myself let alone a wife ?

Lorna is renting an apartment right now. Her house is on the market (she hates the house, and where she's renting is only short walk to work). She has so much stuff in storage, she's bringing a lot of it up to my house. Good thing we have similar tastes. She's leaving her apartment on Wed and will float between my place and her Dad's. 

She's slowly moving in here. Lol. I'm on to her. I wonder if she has a 14" Dob in storage. 

Her good self noticed a few crumbs in a cupboard today and before I knew it..... The kitchen was spick and span, top to bottom. She even brought all the food from her apartment to my place today. We'll be eating like royalty for weeks

Happy days

I suffer from OCD obsessive compulsory disorder so everything is everywhere and if it is not where I have left it god help anyone I know where it is not in any organised way (not normal) just me I've seen OCD on tv I am not that way OCD chaos yet it works for me. straight lines product by product . Duh

I thought OCD was a compulsive tidiness problem.  I have a friend with that and she drives every-one mad, anything not put away tidily gets chucked away!!!  Her family soon learnt their lesson to put things away.  She stayed at our house for a few months a few years back during a difficult time in her life, it must have really rubbed her up the wrong way as I am not like her at all.

On the other hand I worked for a Gynaecologist for over 12 years until my retirement, we shared an office and where I am not particularly tidy at home - my side of the office was always tidy -  I worked like that so I knew exactly what was what.  Her side of the office however was like a tip, but woe betide any-one who tidied her side up as she then could never find anything  Lol.  I learnt that lesson very early on.  When the cleaners came in they used to despair, and one day her desk was so filthy, we had to lift sections up in one lump, clean under it and put the lump back down again.  Even then said consultant freaked out until I reassured her everything was put back in the same place. 

Ha ha.

Carole 

10 minutes ago, carastro said:

I thought OCD was a compulsive tidiness problem.  I have a friend with that and she drives every-one mad, anything not put away tidily gets chucked away!!!  Her family soon learnt their lesson to put things away.  She stayed at our house for a few months a few years back during a difficult time in her life, it must have really rubbed her up the wrong way as I am not like her at all.

On the other hand I worked for a Gynaecologist for over 12 years until my retirement, we shared an office and where I am not particularly tidy at home - my side of the office was always tidy -  I worked like that so I knew exactly what was what.  Her side of the office however was like a tip, but woe betide any-one who tidied her side up as she then could never find anything  Lol.  I learnt that lesson very early on.  When the cleaners came in they used to despair, and one day her desk was so filthy, we had to lift sections up in one lump, clean under it and put the lump back down again.  Even then said consultant freaked out until I reassured her everything was put back in the same place. 

Ha ha.

Carole 

carole help me...…. sorry have a good new year sorry my mind goes on one every now and then

regards

Andy

On 29 December 2018 at 14:41, LukeSkywatcher said:

"On a more serious note, this is one of the reasons I do not want to remarry, for now at any rate.  A GF with her own house and my own house suits me just perfectly and I can do what I want." 

Great isn't it. Best of both worlds. 

But you're paying twice the rent or 1.5 times the council tax! ?

I'm very lucky: my wife also encourages me to get something if I really want it...

She puts up with this in the corner of our bedroom ;) - it used to be the spare room, but the kids are getting bigger, and we've had to re-jig the rooms.

IMG_20170612_234736491.thumb.jpg.dc245bd29f8e2b6f8b5c50e2ca664e5c.jpg.c9d9eab467192b2d45ad5495b26a0cda.jpg

The bone of contention is more my push for a perfume spraying ban in the bedroom... ?

I hope she never Googles & tots up the contents of my EP case... ?

Archived