Narrowband

Mesu not tracking on initial testing

Tom OD

Hi Tom..  try going into PHD connect tab click on camera and it’ll show a list of cameras, does it just show ZWO ASI Camera? If so then maybe you need to have the AScom drivers installed for ZWO so that you have a choice of two..  that’s what I have and it works for me. Same in SGPro  

Dave 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Hi Tom..  try going into PHD connect tab click on camera and it’ll show a list of cameras, does it just show ZWO ASI Camera? If so then maybe you need to have the AScom drivers installed for ZWO so that you have a choice of two..  that’s what I have and it works for me. Same in SGPro  

Dave 

I ll check that when I get home. I think I only have the ZWO drivers installed.

Thanks Dave for the advice.

Tom.

2 hours ago, Tom OD said:

And Gav I m using the POTH as I only have the USB cable going into the MESU, so I m not using ST4 to guide. So that was my understanding to go with the POTH.

You don't HAVE to use POTH if you want to pulse guide but there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't use it - I do and it is very stable. For some reason there is a reluctance by some imagers to use POTH and I don't really get it - on several occasions I have advised its use to obviate some issue and it has resolved the issues!

It looks like you will need to use the ASCOM drivers for multiple ZWO cameras to show up in PHD2 - check this on CN: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/640869-new-guide-camera-not-connecting-to-phd2/

As for POTH / SiTech ASCOM - two roads to the same temple!

Continuing good luck with the set up process... you'll get there... eventually!

6 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

It looks like you will need to use the ASCOM drivers for multiple ZWO cameras to show up in PHD2 - check this on CN: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/640869-new-guide-camera-not-connecting-to-phd2/

As for POTH / SiTech ASCOM - two roads to the same temple!

Continuing good luck with the set up process... you'll get there... eventually!

9 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Dave 

Yes this worked. Guiding is now up and running. Sequencing is still an issue as it sees the conditions as Unsafe and aborts the sequence. Even when I Disconnect the Environmental Ascom it still aborts the sequence.

I m sure its just another tick box in there somewhere, but its great to be actually taking 10min pics that are focused, guided and of course with the roof open :)

More SGP to learn.

Tom.

• Like 3

Good to hear that guiding is up and running.

Regarding the Weather ASCOM, you need to select ‘no device’ in the SGP drop down menu to remove it from the equation. If it is selected but not connected it will continue to use the last weather state it knew about. Not really much use though... you obviously want to get the thing working properly! Which cloud watcher are you using? Are you sure you have both it and SGP set up correctly to save and read the state file to the same place?

4 hours ago, Skipper Billy said:

@Tom OD  Can I delete the Drop Box folder now ?  Its just that my Drop Box is almost full and I am expecting an incoming set of photos of my grand-kids from far away!

Glad you got it fixed !

Yes you can thanks again Tom. 

So far so good. The sequence would not run as it kept saying Unsafe even though it was. Disconnected it but it reconnected. Something else to go after next. I m away for a bit but here is a screenshot of first light from last night. 10min guidedM13. Luminance 

920B9B6C-403F-407C-9D68-3F928F323998.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

[I picked up this thread today because of some issues I experience with my MESU, SiTech, PhD2 combination. (My calibration is all screwed up, and my Mesu's RA tracking appears not to be working correctly. -- Off-topic here.)]

Did you ever solve the problems with your EAGLE?

For what it is worth, I had weird problems with USB, EAGLE 2 Pro and SiTech/Mesu. I solved them by updating all SiTech software, drivers and firmware (3 pieces of SW if I recall) and, most importantly, by updating EAGLE Manager to the latest version (2.7). I had been running 2.3.  PrimaLuce confirmed that the Eagle software used to have a technical issue managing USB ports reliably. For my set-up these sporadic "SiTech not reconnecting to COM Port (EAGLE USB)" went away completely.

See here for Eagle Manager download page: https://www.primalucelab.com/astronomy/downloads

Apologies if this issue has been answered or has become irrelevant at this point.

Kris

• Like 1

On 19/05/2019 at 18:36, Kris Kris said:

[I picked up this thread today because of some issues I experience with my MESU, SiTech, PhD2 combination. (My calibration is all screwed up, and my Mesu's RA tracking appears not to be working correctly. -- Off-topic here.)]

For what it is worth, I had weird problems with USB, EAGLE 2 Pro and SiTech/Mesu. I solved them by updating all SiTech software, drivers and firmware (3 pieces of SW if I recall) and, most importantly, by updating EAGLE Manager to the latest version (2.7). I had been running 2.3.  PrimaLuce confirmed that the Eagle software used to have a technical issue managing USB ports reliably. For my set-up these sporadic "SiTech not reconnecting to COM Port (EAGLE USB)" went away completely.

See here for Eagle Manager download page: https://www.primalucelab.com/astronomy/downloads

Apologies if this issue has been answered or has become irrelevant at this point.

Kris

Hi Kris

Yes I am working but still there are a few more steps to do and test before I 'll know if I m fully functional.

I needed to use an opto isolator on the USB cable from the Eagle to the Mesu / SiTech. This seemed to fix the Comms issues, and erratic Tracking I was having.

Thanks for your mail here. My Eagle is still on 2.3 version, so I might update it. I was not gettign the same USB error that you had though.

I m using SiTech .92ge version, I m not sure about the firmware but I did update the drivers recently also as part of the trouble shooting.

Tom.

• 1 month later...
On 19/05/2019 at 18:36, Kris Kris said:

Kris

Just did the firmware update Kris. Thanks for your suggestion.

I was getting the USB on my camera hanging up, and it would not download an image, or the cooler would just show 0 degrees.

Now i have to test it though.

Tom