Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full frame sensor choice Asi/qhy 128c or Asi 094/Qhy 367c

Allinthehead

Full frame sensor choice Asi/qhy 128c or Asi 094/Qhy 367c  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Full frame sensor choice Asi/qhy 128c or Asi 094/Qhy 367c

• Asi 094/Qhy 367c
    • Asi/qhy 128c

So i've pretty much narrowed down my next camera to one of the two sensors. I image with a Takahashi Epsilon 130 and would love to hear peoples opinions on the two sensors and which would suit my scope better. Cost wise i can get either zwo option at the same price but there's a large difference between the two Qhy offerings. About a grand in the difference. 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/zwo-cameras/zwo-asi094mc-pro-cooled-usb-30-colour-camera.html

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/zwo-cameras/zwo-asi128mc-pro-cooled-usb-30-colour-camera.html

Would the resolution of the 094 offer more than the very deep wells of the 128?

Richard.

I would say go for 094.

You are imaging at very short FL, and putting large pixels on it makes less sense than a bit smaller ones.

I also think that 4.88um is quite usable up to two meters of focal length (super pixel mode), so we can say that you are future proof.  A bit better QE and a bit lower read noise.

Don't worry about full well capacity it is not much of a difference. If you use unity gain, you will be limited to 14bit or 16K full well anyway.

• 4 months later...
On 28/12/2018 at 09:06, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Adam. It seems the 094 is no longer available and at about a grand more expensive i won't be going for the qhy version.

I got one last fall, not used it more than a couple times. (due to winter).  I've been torn on selling it due to bortle 6 here - I tend to do NB only. I just put together a portable setup to take it to darker skies. But I'd consider selling it for a fair offer.