Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

cotterless45

Clouds.

Blooming clouds , even a bit of Sun soon turns murky and then dark ,with clouds. Even renamed them as an astronomical feature , "cloads".

Not down about it , as every day my small scale research brings longer and longer of lists of delights to observe . 

Anyone out there got clear skies ?

old Nick.

• Like 1

It’s not great. I got a few hours on the 18th but succumb to equipment gremlins and only got 1.5 hours of usable data.  Otherwise clouds/cloads/fog. 

8 minutes ago, cotterless45 said:

Nope!!

I got cloads of clouds :clouds1: if you want more! :evil62:

Edited by Philip R

Supposed to be clear here tonight according to Beeb last night.

Dave

Haven't seen a star for ages. managed a quick peek at Lunar on the 19th through the clag. Not looking promising any time soon either.

It looked hopeful earlier today but the clouds thickened as the afternoon progressed and now it's a thick grey roof over the countryside. At least the rain kept away so that we could have a nice visit to Slimbridge and enjoy with winter birding.

• Like 1

Solid cloud here for days.  Looks like it is going to continue into next week, too :(

James

• Sad 1

The sun popped out for a couple of minutes here today!!

A little brighter today than of late, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the early evening tomorrow - various forecasts have it clear until around 7-8pm 😀🤞.

Regards, Mike.

Rubbish for at least the next week according to Not Clear Outside, do I shout bingo when every square is red?  😡

Notclear.jpg

• Sad 1

No, shout 'house!', because that's where you'll be spending your evenings... 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, adyj1 said:

that's where you'll be spending your evenings.

Just like the last 2 months

3 weeks of solid cloud here, and loads of astro related xmas gifts, so another 3 weeks minimum predicted :( ☁️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cotterless45 said:

What's one of those??

Actually, clearoutside is suggesting there might be decent skies here tonight between 5 & 9, but I've had my hopes dashed by CO before ... promising clear skies ... promises that slowly disappear during the day in question as the numbers rise ...

Oh yes - often had that!!!

The forecast has been pretty bleak of late. However, Christmas Eve gave some unexpected clear skies. I grabbed 10 minutes with the binoculars. Had it not been Christmas Eve I would have had a decent longer session. There’s been a few times this year where clear skies have materialised despite the best predictions of the weather people. So despite it not looking good, I’m holding onto hope! I’ve also spent some time building up my observing lists ready for when those clear skies do arrive!

• Like 1

Not single chance to get out there whilst off work for two weeks by the looks of things.  Of course, back to work (and up at 5.30) and it will be clear night after night I bet....😨

7 hours ago, upahill said:

3 weeks of solid cloud here, and loads of astro related xmas gifts, so another 3 weeks minimum predicted :( ☁️

Father in law (well, my GF's father) got bought a 6" Dob for his 75th birthday at the start of October.  He is so enthusiastic and rearing go. He's got to use it twice so far.  It has been dreadful these last couple of months.

• Sad 1

Had a few hours on Christmas eve before it clouded over. :( 

Jim 

17 hours ago, Gina said:

The sun popped out for a couple of minutes here today!!

Are you sure you didn’t accidentally hit the dimmer switch up?!

Might get the solar scope out later,or even go birding with my Ultima, or both! Hows that for a jammed packed minute! Lol

chaz

• Haha 1

For the first time in weeks we have blue skies today.  Not sure how that came about.  There was even a little frost on the ground when I got up.  The sunlight is clearly quite feak and weeble however -- the observatory roof has been in full Sun all morning and hasn't dried off yet.

James

Same with my observatory!  Sunshine but very damp air.