SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion +IC434 - APP multiple mosaic

Adreneline

I've been playing around combining Ha data from numerous sessions over the past year using my Atik428 attached to either the ZS71 or the Samyang 135mm.

I decided to throw the lot at APP just to see what came out the other end. I kow there are a few areas where the data is lacking - or not there at all! - but that aside I am impressed with what APP can do; I might get even better results once I've learnt to use it properly. I used DBE and HT to process the mosaic with a little bit of tweaking in PS.

826594908_IC434_WFNF_DBEHTPS.thumb.png.5243ea526b0621f3e6603a6af5050d8b.png

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

8 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

APP really does work wonders. 

Thank you Adam. I still wouldn't be without PI but APP does have some nice features, not just it's mosaic building. I like the fact you don't have to save all the intermediate files (good if a bit lacking in disk space), and that you can easily preview any given light to see if you want to exclude it from the pre-processing and integration (a pain in PI having to use a separate process). I also like the fact you can easily change any given setting and re-integrate to see and compare the effect of the change.

I've never got on with the mosaic tool in EQMOD but I can see I might start to explore mosaics a bit more now I have APP to assist in the processing.

Adrian

Just now, Spitfire said:

I don't know if I'm the only one, but what are APP, DBE and HT?

Sorry Geoff for using acronyms - I'm gulity of being lazy with my typing.

APP is Astro Pixel Processor - an all-in-one software package for pre and post-processing of images.

DBE is DynamicBackgroundExtraction - a process in PixInsight (an alternative to APP) for reducing/eliminating background gradients.

HT is HistogramTransformation - another PixInsight process for stretching linear images to reveal detail.

PS is Photoshop.

Apologies for not making that clear.

Adrian

Archived