Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick M81 M82

tooth_dr

I wasn't going to process this at all, as I had load of bother with equipment on the night.  I had to redo all the calibration files as something went wrong went I stacked the flats first time round.

Here is it: QHY9, luminance filter, 300s subs, about 30 odd in total, high clouds affected at least 21 of them, pretty sure the moon played at part too, but I stacked them all in APP anyway using the quality weighting algorithm.

I had colour data from my Atik camera, but I only had useable red subs so I didn't use the data at all.

Thanks for looking

Adam.

M81 M82 NGC3077.jpg

I am always happy to see these objects in monochrome - your processing is very good and I was immediately drawn to the spiral arms - beautiful.

David

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 14:09, newbie alert said:

Bodes looks awesome in mono..great job Adam

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:22, tomato said:

Nice detail, and you have M81’s less flashy companion at the bottom right of the image.

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:42, David_L said:

I am always happy to see these objects in monochrome - your processing is very good and I was immediately drawn to the spiral arms - beautiful.

David

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:26, Taff said:

Great capture with you Adam.Nice details in your work.Mark

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:47, Allinthehead said:

Nice start. You can see hints of Ifn in the background too. Well worth adding the hours.

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:14, Demonperformer said:

Just goes to prove one should never "bin" data just because one thinks it might not be any good. Very creditable result considering the problems.

Thanks guys for taking time to comment.  I returned to this one on Tuesday night, and managed to cock up the data acquisition (again) so I have lots of red subs, only 4 blue, and no green!  Maybe another day :D

I did manage another few subs of dubious quality and added them to the ones from above

I've done a quick process, with a larger stretch to show the IFN (or maybe its just an artefact from my stretching)

I cant wait to get some colour.

Thanks for looking

Adam

St-avg-16800.0s-LNMSC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_adv-AA-RL-MBB5-session_2_session_1_1stLNC_it3-fxfy-4degCW-1.0x-LZ3-NS-mod-lpc-St.jpg

St-avg-16800.0s-LNMSC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_adv-AA-RL-MBB5-session_2_session_1_1stLNC_it3-fxfy-4degCW-1.0x-LZ3-NS-mod-lpc-St-IFN.jpg

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks guys for taking time to comment.  I returned to this one on Tuesday night, and managed to cock up the data acquisition (again) so I have lots of red subs, only 4 blue, and no green!  Maybe another day :D

I did manage another few subs of dubious quality and added them to the ones from above

I've done a quick process, with a larger stretch to show the IFN (or maybe its just an artefact from my stretching)

I cant wait to get some colour.

Thanks for looking

Adam

St-avg-16800.0s-LNMSC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_adv-AA-RL-MBB5-session_2_session_1_1stLNC_it3-fxfy-4degCW-1.0x-LZ3-NS-mod-lpc-St.jpg

St-avg-16800.0s-LNMSC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_adv-AA-RL-MBB5-session_2_session_1_1stLNC_it3-fxfy-4degCW-1.0x-LZ3-NS-mod-lpc-St-IFN.jpg

Could well be IFN Adam! 

And Holmberg IX (the very faint irregular dwarf Galaxy of M81) is showing up nicely here under M81. 

Awesome pic, Arp's loop is visible in the overstretched version. I hope to get out there after work today (took one day off extra as Clearoutside said I have a shot, so to speak, today). I've been sitting on abt. 4hrs. of luminance for the last 3 months, and hope to do the color on M81 tonight. - Andy -

5 hours ago, AstroAndy said:

Awesome pic, Arp's loop is visible in the overstretched version. I hope to get out there after work today (took one day off extra as Clearoutside said I have a shot, so to speak, today). I've been sitting on abt. 4hrs. of luminance for the last 3 months, and hope to do the color on M81 tonight. - Andy -

Thanks for your comment. Good luck with the colour. 

22 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks for your comment. Good luck with the colour. 

Thanks for the sentiment, by now, however, I'm hopping around in trIangles, of course, after taking off from work, driving 1hr to my dark site, bupkis. Waited for a while, hoping the clouds would leave, but no such luck.?

Archived