Narrowband

Focusing issues once again

Hi SGL! I've been having a lot of focusing issues with my scope lately as i'm starting AP. I recently got a 10" f/4 telescope that i mainly used with a mirrorless camera, but for "reasons" i cannot use the camera anymore. So i grabbed my D2X dslr and attached a 1.25 inch adapter, that directly goes into the 2" to 1.25" focuser adapter. Only problem is... i cannot focus the camera!!!

Now i have a question: is it because of the relatively bulky 2" to 1.25" inch adapter that i have mounted on the focuser? Should i use a 2" T-ring adapter to reduce the distance? Any other options? Keep in mind that this is a fast astrograph telescope, so i shouldn't have these kind of problems....

Thank you all and have a wonderful day!

Achieving enough "in" focus with DSLRs is a common problem with newtonian-type scopes, so anything that reduces the distance will help. A 2" Tring adapter is probably a cheap option and so worth trying first. Other options include swapping for a low-profile focusser or moving the primary mirror a little up the OTA - probably neither of these are options you particularly want to have to do!

Archived