SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A Christmas M45

Allinthehead

Hi all. This is my final effort at M45 this year. I managed to gather 4 hrs about 4 weeks ago with the moon about so i thought another 4 hrs should do it. Unfortunately my neighbour put up loads of blue flashing christmas lights along the dividing fence and it ruined the final 4 hrs. I decided to use the first 4 hrs of colour data and made an 8hr luminance from the rest as it was only the colours the lights affected. The joys of living in an estate.

So this is 8hrs lum and 4 hrs rgb with my Takahashi Epsilon 130 and Asi 071 osc camera in 150 second exposures at gain 50

Mounted on an Az Eq6.

Captured using Sgpro

Processed in APP, PI, and PS.

Happy Christmas to all.

Richard.

m45final.thumb.jpg.e4c92ea5e6a97d933578174b4563eaa6.jpg

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

Brilliant Richard. Shame about the neighbours lights. 

Thanks Adam. Yes it's a shame however they are generally quite considerate. One night i saw him going to the shed with a flashlight instead of turning on the main back light as i had the scope out. They are fascinated watching the scope seemingly do it's own thing out the back.

Your handling of the vane spikes in this is quite exceptional Richard.

I rarely see them presented with such a balance across the entire picture, often tend to be overdone, so it's two thumbs up from me ?

Also, the illumination across the whole image deserves praise too - so easy to get it wrong with all the different shades of nebulosity around.

David

Top notch as always Richard. I'm only looking on my phone and it already looks great, no doubt when I finally get to a pc it will look even better (your images always have amazing stars, which need to be viewed on a monitor to be fully enjoyed). I think I can even see a hint of redness in the background, which is supposedly not easy to achieve. 

Ps - I feel your pain as regards imaging from an estate. I do the same, but we also have a large sports complex nearby too, and these days I have to wait for them to switch off their floodlights before I can even think of shooting RGB. It's like having two moon cycles to work around, lol 

On 25/12/2018 at 16:09, David_L said:

Your handling of the vane spikes in this is quite exceptional Richard.

I rarely see them presented with such a balance across the entire picture, often tend to be overdone, so it's two thumbs up from me ?

Also, the illumination across the whole image deserves praise too - so easy to get it wrong with all the different shades of nebulosity around.

David

Thanks David. Nice to get such detailed feedback.

21 hours ago, Xiga said:

Ps - I feel your pain as regards imaging from an estate. I do the same, but we also have a large sports complex nearby too, and these days I have to wait for them to switch off their floodlights before I can even think of shooting RGB. It's like having two moon cycles to work around, lol 

Thanks Ciaran. I'll never complain again about my imaging conditions when you have to deal with that.

Archived