SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2018 album with new scopes and cameras

gorann

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

I don't know if anyone has attempted that. But ASA has a pier/mount with a dual RC rig.

https://www.astroshop.es/ecuatorial-con-goto/asa-montura-direct-drive-mount-ddm160-twin/p,46103

When combining a reflector and a refractor, and collecting lrgb data, I would use the system with best pixel scale for L, regardless of scope type. But if pixel scale is about the same, using the refractor for L will probably result in tighter stars. If the spikes are in the colour data, then lrgb combination will remove them, because spikes are related to intensity (L) more than to colour.

That price is actually only for the pier and mount - you have to buy the scopes separately as far as I understand. But I see that it comes with adjustment plates which is good!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, gorann said:

Well, I can find out using the spectrophotometer I have at work to check the transmittance spectrum of the Baader filter. If it is much wider than 3.5 nm I guess I could complain.

Oh, yes please.?

On 26/12/2018 at 14:46, Allinthehead said:

I'm cosidering this in osc as i can't stand the reflections my 071 produces with the Epsilon. 

A very interesting camera Richard. Go for it and show us what it can do!

6 hours ago, MikeODay said:

Wonderful images Göran - a great collection, well done!

Thanks a lot Mike! Much appreciated, especially right now when no clear skies are forecasted up here

On 25/12/2018 at 14:36, jjosefsen said:

Do you really need that though? It seems your fov is much smaller on the 150 scope, so there is a margin for inaccuracy..

I am asking beceause I am considering going dual rig, as I now have a 130PDS and a 80ED.

Come to think of it, reflector + refractor might not even work..?

No it wont work unless you want weird diffraction spike color and halos.

Personally I would not consider a duel 130PDS setup either as the diffraction spikes are hard to align and the alignment of the FOV will change with changes in colimation.

Not impossible just really painful.

Adam

34 minutes ago, Adam J said:

No it wont work unless you want weird diffraction spike color and halos.

Personally I would not consider a duel 130PDS setup either as the diffraction spikes are hard to align and the alignment of the FOV will change with changes in colimation.

Not impossible just really painful.

Adam

Yeah that sounds very troublesome, and not something I would even consider without a permanent setup.

But someone is going for it :D

https://www.astrobin.com/350435/?nc=user

Dual Takahashi Epsilon 130d.. Not bad..

17 minutes ago, jjosefsen said:

Yeah that sounds very troublesome, and not something I would even consider without a permanent setup.

But someone is going for it :D

https://www.astrobin.com/350435/?nc=user

Dual Takahashi Epsilon 130d.. Not bad..

One solution is of course that you start saving up for another refractor or a spikeless reflector such as the SW MN190!

Archived