Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Happy Christmas Dorset Stargazers

AdeKing

Just thought that I'd take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Weather forecast not looking good for the next few days, but I live in hope.

Hopefully, we'll get to meet up for a observing session in the New Year.

Clear Skies,

Ade

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year.  Thank you for adding me.  I’m managed to get my first really decent image of the Orion Nebula last night thanks to Adrian passing on your focusing tip Peter.  So excited am going to head up to Bradbury rings for a while this evening and have another go.  Then I will try and finally master the dark art of post processing.  The attached isn’t stacked or anything yet so quite hopeful.  

Louise

EF23F4CE-ECB7-4DDB-962D-6F2FE87C117E.jpeg

Happy New Year!  Looking good, Louise - was that with a 200mm lens?  Did you manage to get to BR?  I was outside on Thursday during the clear periods imaging the Pacman Nebula but missed last night - there seemed to be some high cloud in Poole?  Hope you have enough material to process and look forward to you sharing the results.  Hope to see you and others on Tuesday.

I did go and it was -3   Blooming freezing but back to work tomorrow after having this last week off and don’t know when I will get the chance again It was clear until midnight although I could see clouds all around me.  As I was the only one there I was able to get in and out of the car to keep a little warmer. I was very spoilt at Christmas and Mark bought me a Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D lens   I’ve only used it twice now but thrilled with it.the first stack I did didn’t look so good so going to go back to my notes and have another go but may be picking your brains more if that’s ok  may see you all Tuesday   

Lou 

Archived