QHY8L Gradient issue

Hi

I've been getting a colour gradient problem on my QHY8L for a while now. I've tried different power supplies ,I've tried 

different usb ports but it still wont go away.No matter how many light frames,dark frames,bias and flat frames it still 

shows up as a  divide from bottom left corner to top right.Top half is a green tint and the bottom part is a purple tint.

Its not light pollution , amp glow or light leakage and I don't seem to be getting much joy from QHY. The picture below 

is Comet 46P Wirtanen 200mm F4 @120 seconds & Baader skyglow filter.

Can anyone please help before I chuck the camera in the bin.......

Comet_46P.jpg

1 hour ago, gingerfiend said:

Hi

I've been getting a colour gradient problem on my QHY8L for a while now. I've tried different power supplies ,I've tried 

different usb ports but it still wont go away.No matter how many light frames,dark frames,bias and flat frames it still 

shows up as a  divide from bottom left corner to top right.Top half is a green tint and the bottom part is a purple tint.

Its not light pollution , amp glow or light leakage and I don't seem to be getting much joy from QHY. The picture below 

is Comet 46P Wirtanen 200mm F4 @120 seconds & Baader skyglow filter.

Can anyone please help before I chuck the camera in the bin.......

Comet_46P.jpg

Hmm...

When did the problem first appear? Is the filter in a filter wheel? What scope are you using? Do you get the problem without the filter? Is the filter properly in line? Have you checked the desiccant? How is the camera connected to your scope? What do flats, darks look like? What temp are you set to? Which image capture program are you using? Does it vary with sub length and or temperature?

Louise

[removed word]!!!.... that a serious divide in the image.

That type of thing comes out of my stacked images (with a QHY 8 Pro) when I have limited data and apply aggressive Gradient extermination.

What type of image do you get with a terrestrial object with cooled /uncooled  setup....  Is it condensation creeping across the glass ??

Archived