Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BBC2 programme later this evening.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

My work mate who worked in England most his life says wildlife in England means insects and that about it, no wildlife anywhere he described, is there a wildlife crisis in England?

What an unobservant work mate you have! Admittedly, as a populous island which became separated from the continent at the end of the ice age, and thus wasn't colonised by northward-moving critters, and is generally intensively farmed, there's still plenty of widlife. Just no bears and other big stuff!

EDIT. p.s. We had bears until about 1000AD, by when we had killed them all off!

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

My work mate who worked in England most his life says wildlife in England means insects and that about it, no wildlife anywhere he described, is there a wildlife crisis in England?

Foxes are quite tame these days. Magpies and squirrels will eat from your hand. So I would say that in Britain most animals have lost their wildness. 

But there is a particular species called humans which appear to be increasingly wild and dangerous. Please donot feed them crisps, peanuts or beer. ? 

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

on my way to work regularly see roe deer , muntjac deer , badgers ,foxes , barn owls, tawny owl ,stoats, red kite ,buzzards ,kestrel, other than that no other wildlife 

Well I have recorded it. You can only go by what the listings say. 

There was a Sky at Night about the star of Bethlehem. Until we invent a time machine, this subject gets done to death. 

I liked it :). The way of presenting is very much like they do at the 'watches', still they had some nice background info in it. A shame the Christmas Star was only explained as a conjunction - a lot of other options for that event.

12 minutes ago, Waddensky said:

I liked it :). The way of presenting is very much like they do at the 'watches', still they had some nice background info in it. A shame the Christmas Star was only explained as a conjunction - a lot of other options for that event.

Is there any evidence for a nearby star or planet exploding which could have been seen? 

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

The S@N program came down on the side of it being a comet which sounds reasonable although there are no records of it in China, no records of anything else either.

Dave

Hope you have a peaceful Christmas Dave and everyone else. 

Archived