Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my travel 10’´ dobson in a laptop bag

laurent

hi  

sorry for my poor english i m french

i have a disease : a neuropathy and i m in hospital now

before the beginning on my probleme , i make a travel 10’´ very very compact : it can be travel this full part ( truss tube includes )in a laptog bag ... whith enough place for a standard laptop 

i present it only two french star party : RCE in 2014 and RAP in 2016 ( hill in 2015  , sorry )
my presentation of 30 minutes only was here http://laurentastro.unblog.fr/slim-ou-le-telescope-de-voyage-en-version-fine/
sorry it s all in french  

with a friend we will make a youtube complety different where a explain all part whith the why of them
sorry it will be in french too
if some what tanslate in english , i can send the ppt ( when i can go out of my hospital )
i have make no real plan but whith all picture , you can productuted yours

my secret , not visible on picture , in the use of neodymne magnets in the spider , the sesondary and pass-filter

i can answer ( with using google translator ) as you want via a private message with only my phone
for more pictures , wait please when i can go home please ou visit my blog 

i can explain how to do to make smaller if someone want to do that 

13B3F178-A2B9-4DA3-80B0-19A8E866351C.jpeg

5C8711CD-F795-4B2A-AC4B-0C59FC51543D.jpeg

36 minutes ago, domstar said:

Wow. That doesn't look possible. Timelord technology? (Sorry, it's a doctor who joke). Just amazing.

Welcome to the forum and hope you're feeling better soon.

hi  

i meet a timelord and use of his sonictool ;) 

a friend call the slim : « non-human-dobson »  

Most impressive. Am I correct that the side bearings and rocker box are made of thin sheet metal (steel?). And the mirror cell and upper cage made of plywood? What are the poles made from?

Plus impressionnant. Ai-je raison de dire que les roulements latéraux et le caisson de bascule sont en tôle mince (acier?). Et la cellule miroir et la cage supérieure en contreplaqué? De quoi sont faits les poteaux?

hi  

all wrong !

only carbon :) and cartoons !! and a little of aluminium for the barrel cell. 

3 layers of carbon fabrics for rocker and bearings . only that !!

the rocker was made on and in polystyren who have  been solve with aceton A1FCBAF3-3477-4889-BF34-5ADDB272AA55.jpeg.c68cee9ccc8c0633be57ba2e20a90c69.jpeg

i use of metal ( aluminium ) for the barrel cell ( look picture ) because a plate of 8mm of thin is too expensive for me 

the ring for the spider is in cartoon ( look picture ) and i put around 3 layers of carbon .  

the piece beetween barrelcell and bearing ( i forget the name ) was made with the same made . 

the truss tubes are kite tubes of 8 ( thin 1 mm ) and 6 mm . 

0F8067F9-24D8-43E8-9EE1-D0DC1CA4F2A4.jpeg

58EF8ABE-12BA-46EC-966A-0494CA7669EC.jpeg

thanks you all 

may be a begin of progress in my illness to day 

i m thinking to change the finder for a quickfinder .  what about remake this finder all in carbon ? ( yes i m crazy ! don t tell it to my doctors please ...) . i ll go buy one when i can go home :)

a new ring more light for secondary demands me to much time to day

I plan to reduce the thickness from 50mm to 45mm or a  little less.

a trick to go down to 30 mm asks me a mirror ultrafine of 15 or 20mm ...

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely made scope Laurent. Well done

I'm in tge process of designing a lightweight scope for a friend (not ultra light like yours) and it will probably make extensive use of carbon fibre. 

Nichol optics again too. A fine mirror 

Archived