Mounting DSLR, lens and guide scope to mount

KenDavies

Hi,

I'm just getting started with imaging. I have a Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 and I'd like to mount and Nikon D7200, Tamron 150-600mm lens and guide scope to the mount without a telescope. I've been struggling to find any hardware to do this.

Anyone know how I might do it?

TIA

Ken

11 minutes ago, Maxrayne said:

Love how you have that focuser

Had a spare SW focus motor, knocked up a bracket out of thick ali and got a timing belt that just fits the
focus ring segments. Just use the hand control to focus at the slowest feed possible, the belt locks focus as well.

A side by side is basically a dovetail with a clamp on each end, mine actually came with the guidescope rings.
The scope is an Altair 60mm and works really well.

36 minutes ago, KenDavies said:

Nice setup but I think I'd be a bit worried about the strain on the camera hot shoe.

It probably weighs no more than the average flash and doesn’t seem to put any excessive if any undue strain at all on the hot shoe ??

1 hour ago, Danjc said:

It probably weighs no more than the average flash and doesn’t seem to put any excessive if any undue strain at all on the hot shoe ??

Fair comment and it's a cost effective way to get up and running. Thanks for posting the images and link.

Archived